Chapter 38

Harry's POV

As soon as I pulled up to the Reynold's house I jumped out of the car. I didn't know if I was supposed to knock or not, so I just burst into the house.

I saw a police officer begin to walk over to me, but I just ran past him into what I was assuming was the living room.

Upon entering the living room I saw many detectives with cameras and a body bag laying on the floor with someone in it. I immediately began to think the worst.

What if within those few minutes it took me to get here they managed to hurt Raven, and that was her laying in that body bag?

"Harry." I hear a small feminine voice say. I turn around and see Raven sitting in a corner with a cop. I sigh out of relief and run towards her. She stands up and embraces me when I get closer to her.

"You scared the hell out of me?"

"How?"

"I thought that was you in that damn bag." I pull away from her and hold her face in my hands.

"Don't you ever scare me like that again, okay?" She slowly nods her head and leans against my chest as I hold her to me.

"Ms. Hathaway I'm afraid I still have some questions I need to ask." The detective looks between the two of us before settling his eyes on Raven.

"What more could you possibly need to know?" She asks sounding kind of exhausted.

"Do you, by any chance, know who would want to threaten you?" Raven sighs and shakes her head.

"And where were you when the body was being brought to the burial?" Raven's widen.

"I was at the burial waiting for the casket. Where else could I have possibly been?" I pull Raven back as she stares at the detective with pure hatred in her eyes.

"It's just protocol ma'am." Raven takes a deep breath and nods her head.

"If I have anymore questions I'll stop by your house."

"Okay." Raven whispers.

The detective gives us a slight nod and walks away to talk to a mother and her two kids. Out the corner of my eye I see Luca walking towards us.

As Luca walks closer to us I tighten my hold on Raven. Luca gives me a small smile and looks at Raven.

"So I see you guys showed up." I nod my head and look out the window to see all of the guys standing by our cars.

"What do you want Luca?" I ask.

"I just wanna talk to Raven real quick." Raven purses her lips and gives him a death glare.

"Come on Raven. I just wanna talk."

"You can say what you have to say in front of Harry." I sigh and look down at her.

"Just go talk to him in the other room. I will be right here if you need me. Okay?" 

Raven looks between me and Luca before walking out of the living room. Luca sighs and slowly follows her into the other room.

I lean against the doorway of the living room patiently waiting for Raven to return.

Raven's POV

I quickly walked down the hall into the kitchen. No one had been able to leave the house, let alone  the living room, until they were questioned by a detective and majority of the guest left after they were questioned.

Facing the window I cross my arms over my chest and wait for Luca to start talking.

"Look I know what I said was completely out of line."