Chapter 11

Raven's POV

The rest of my Saturday went by boringly.

After a short dinner with my dad we decided to have a movie night. We watched all of our favorite Disney movies together. He even sang along to the songs in Frozen.

I went to bed quickly not even thinking about the events that have happened to me the last few days.

It's now Sunday and I woke up from my curtains being pulled open to let in the sunlight. I turn over so I can lay on my stomach and turn my face away from the stream of sunlight coming through the window.

"Rise and shine sweetheart." My dad says as he walks over to crouch down on the side of my bed.

I open my left eye and look at him. He gives me a big smile before I close my eyes once again hoping that he will be nice and go away so that I can sleep.

"Wkae up. I'm about to go to work and I need you to finish packing. Once I get off of work I wanna come and get you so we can leave without having to deal with your mother." I groan as I hear my floor boards creak knowing that he is walking out of the room.

"I left some money for you on the counter so you can buy yourself some lunch." I open my eyes and take a look at my dad.

He's got an all black suit on with a white button up and a black and silver plaid tie.

By the look in his eyes I can tell that he hasn't gone back to his normal self. He is still upset over the divorce. I just hope that after all of this is over he will go back to being his normal and will be able to move on with his life.

I get up and sit on the edge of my bed. I give him a smile that he returns.

"I'm gonna take a shower. Just call when you're on you're way so I can have everything downstairs." I stand up from the edge of my bed and walk over to my dad.

I give him a tight hug before pulling away. I give him a pat on the shoulder as I walk around him to the bathroom.

As I walk into the bathroom I turn around to close the door and I see that my dad is sitting on my bed looking at a picture that I had on my nightstand. From the look of the frame I can tell that it's a picture of me and Jade when we were eight years old with Samantha standing in the background.

It was Jade's eighth birthday party and we were waiting for them to bring out the cake. Samantha threw a huge fit about how long it was taking for the cake to come out and ran off while throwing a tantrum. We tried to take the picture with her, but she pushed us away. After that day Jade and I have been super close.

I smile before closing the door, so I  can take a shower.

I turn the knobs for the hot and cold water until I get it to the right temperature. I put the stopper in deciding to take a nice hot bath instead.

As the water fills the bathtub I connect my phone to a speaker and set it on the edge by the sink pressing play. I start to strip off of my clothes and push them to the side. I grab two towels out of the bathroom closet and set it next to the bathtub.

Before the water can reached the maximum capacity, I grab my bottle of bubbles and add them to the water. As the water reaches the height that I want it to be, I stop the water and lower myself into the scalding hot bath.

I lean my back against the cold bathtub and put my head against the wall. I close my eyes and decide to let my mind wander while I listen to the faint sound of Sam Smith's voice in the background.

A lot has happened to me these past few days, yet when I was spending time with my dad last night it felt like everything that was happening was just a really bad nightmare. Now that I am awake and conscious, I know that this isn't a dream.