Chapter 42

Raven's POV 

I hurriedly rush up the few steps to Harry's house. I don't bother turning around afraid that my dad will still be watching me.

As I open the door I turn around to find my dad standing in the open door of our house. He slowly raises his hand and waves at me. I give him a small wave before slowly closing the door.

Once the door is securely closed and locked, I lean my head against the door and release the breath I didn't know I was holding.

I really want to know what my mom was going to tell me and James, but I guess I can find out later.

The thing that freaks me out is that none of us heard my dad come into the house. We would have heard the door open and close and we would have heard him putting up his keys.

What truly freaks me out is the look I saw in his eyes as I was walking out the door. It was a look of pure evil, like he is planning something so foul that he knows it's going to hurt someone. He tried covering it with a smile, but that didn't help. It just creeped me out even more.

Taking a deep breath I shake my head and push off of the door.

I double check to make sure that the door is locked and turn around.

"Oh my God!" I say clutching my hand over my chest.

"Jesus, Keith can't you make a sound announcing your presence?"

Keith lets out a throaty laugh and stuffs his hands in his pockets.

"Sorry. I thought you heard me walking down the stairs."

"Well apparently I'm not hearing anything today."

"What do you mean?" 

I shake my head and walk towards the kitchen.

"Where is everybody? It seems like a ghost town in this house." I ask Keith as I look through the fridge.

"Um they went out. They didn't tell me where they were going though." I huff.

"Well that sucks. Harry was suppose to take me to the store to pick up something to make for dinner tonight." I say angrily trying, and failing, to slam the fridge door, but it slowly closes.

I roll my eyes and jump on top of the counter trying to figure out what I'm going to do.

"Well, I could take you." Keith says from the doorway.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I mean it's not like I'm gonna kill you or anything. Besides Harry wouldn't want you to go anywhere by yourself. He'd be pissed if he found out I knew you were going to the store and didn't go with you. I'd be going as a sense of protection and a tall person that can reach the top shelf." He says with a smug smirk on his face.

"Hahaha very funny." I say as I jump down. "Get your ass in the car before I kick it for that short joke."

Keith laughs as he walks towards the door. I grab my wallet from inside of my backpack, which was convieniently left by the door, and head towards Keith's car.

"Which store do you wanna go to?" Keith asks me as he starts driving down the street.

"It doesn't matter. I'm just gonna make something simple, but I wanna make dessert too." Keith nods his head and we continue the drive in silence.

Ten minutes later Keith pulls into the Walmart parking lot.

"Walmart?" I ask. Keith nods his head and pulls into a spot near the front.