Chapter 5

Raven's POV

As they dragged me into the alley no more than five feet away I start to  hysterically cry and shake with fear. Jonathan led the mysterious man who was holding me to the darkest part of the alley.

You see I knew Jonathan for majority of my life. He was James's best friend so he's been around for as long as I can remember, but at some point him and my brother got into a huge fist fight and they just stopped talking. After that incident he didn't come around as much. The last time I saw him was about a year ago.

Jonathan was like another big brother to me as I grew up. It was hard to hate him even after what he did to destroy my family. What he did to James was uncalled for and I know I will never be able to forgive him for that.

It takes my eyes awhile to adjust to the darkness of the alley. Before I can beg for them to let me go I'm being pushed onto the ground.

I look down at the concrete because I'm too afraid to have to look up and see Jonathan's piercing green eyes.

Out the corner of my eye I see Jonathan whispering something into the other guys ear. He walks down the alley into a car leaving us alone.  As the guy leaves I see Jonathan crouching down next to me.

"Now Raven, I don't wanna have to hurt you-"

"Then why did you drag me down an alley?" I finally get enough courage to look him in his eyes as I ask him.

"We just need to talk" He whispers as he inches closer to me.

"What could we possibly talk about? The time I saw you you had a gun pointed at-"

"There is no reason to bring that up now!" He yells at me as he stands up to his full height so he can tower over me.

Shaking my head I look away from him ashamed of the fact that I actually had a crush on him before. God I was so naive.

Jonathan takes a few deep breaths before crouching back down to my level.

"Look at me" He says but it comes out more like a demand.

"Look at me" He demands again raising his voice. Out of nowhere I feel his hand grip my jaw and force my face to look at him.

Not wanting to seem weak I look him in his eyes hoping to intimidate him.

"Raven we can do this the easy way or the hard way." I roll my eyes as he says this. Gosh he is so cliche.

"I don't want anything to do with you. Leave me the hell alone." I whisper as I pull my face from his harsh grip.

"Look Raven. James knew a lot about us Wolfs and we are just trying to remind him that if he says anything we won't be afraid to take action." I scoot closer until I'm in his face.

"How can he speak if he isn't even awake?" I whisper while looking him dead in his eyes.

He takes a deep breath before looking down at the ground. He rakes his left hand through his hair and over his face before he looks back at me.

Instead of saying anything he grabs me by my neck and throws me on the ground before climbing on top of me.

"Damn it. Raven why do you always have to be so fucking stubborn? You're acting like you don't remember who I am and the things I could do to you. I could kill you right  now just to make sure if James ever does wake up he will have to live the rest of his life knowing that he couldn't save his baby sister." He sneers. His face is almost touching mine by the end of his little rant.

"I should teach you a lesson Raven." He gives me a sick smile before lowering his face into the crook of my neck.

"You know, as much as I do, that I've never been good with instructions." Before he can think of a smart ass comment I lift my leg and knee him in the balls.