𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐔𝐋𝐔𝐒, lies

LIES
A Regulus Black x Reader Blurb

PROMPTS: "You're lying to me again

PROMPTS: "You're lying to me again. Why cannot you just tell me the truth for once?"

WARNING(S): Slytherin!Reader, gender-neutral!reader (273 words)

It was nearly three in the morning.

You should've been asleep, should've been upstairs in your dorm but you weren't. You needed answers and this was the only time you'd be able to get them.

When the portrait door swung open you jumped from your seat on the couch. He walked over to the couch and sat on the seat opposite to you. Despite the many questions you had for him, you didn't say anything. Instead, you let silence wrap itself around you two as you both sat there.

It felt like forever until you finally heard his voice. "Why aren't you asleep?"

"I wanted to know why you've been coming back so late." You replied and he sighed.

"I couldn't sleep. Been struggling to fall asleep lately so I decided to take a walk." They were lies, you knew they were lies. That's all he's been telling you lately.

"You're lying to me again. Why can't you just tell me the truth for once?"

Regulus sighed. He knew that you'd find out, or rather, stop pretending to believe him, sooner or later but he never really knew what to do when that time came.

"Because I can't." He replied quietly, his voice barely a whisper.

"And why is that?" You shot back.

Usually you'd leave it at that but not tonight. Not when he's been keeping you in the dark for so long. You needed answers and you'd get them tonight.

"Do you not trust me? Or was it something I did? Regulus you have not told me anything for the past month. What's going on?"

Silence seemed to be a frequent visitor lately during your conversations with Regulus. It draped across your shoulders as he sat deep in thought, figuring out what to say and do.

"I can't tell you. I'm sorry, I just hope you can understand that it's all for you. In the long run that is." He said before getting up from the couch and heading up the stairs, leaving you alone in the common room with your thoughts.

"Why can't you just tell me?"

With every step he took, both of your hearts broke a little more but he didn't stop. No matter how many times this had happened, he never turned around.