𝐍𝐄𝐖𝐓, desire

DESIRE
A Newt Scamander x Reader Blurb

SUMMARY: Newt stumbles upon the Mirror of Erised while visiting Hogwarts

CONTAIN(S): gender-neutral!reader (267 words)

Newt felt his breath hitch as he stared at the reflection in the mirror that stared back at him

Newt felt his breath hitch as he stared at the reflection in the mirror that stared back at him. It wasn't an image of himself but of you, the person he had fell in-love with during his second year at Hogwarts. His heart ached and tugged inside his chest as he admired you for a moment. You looked just like you did before you passed and he felt his heart tug just a little harder when he remembered that day.

He couldn't find the ability to say anything, instead he just stood there looking at the person he hasn't quite been able to get over for the past few years. A soft smile was etched on your face as you stared back at him, extending your hand to press against the glass. Copying your action, Newt's face fell when he couldn't feel your hand in his.

"It's not real."

Turning around, Newt saw Professor Dumbledore standing a few feet behind him, hands stuffed in his pockets as he stepped closer towards him.

"Professor, what is this?" Newt asked, eyes glued on the person staring back at him in the mirror. He doesn't remember coming across this mirror before but from the way he found it, seems like it's been at the school for a while.

"The Mirror of Erised. Shows a persons deepest desire though it's been known to drive men mad." Dumbledore explained, placing a hand on Newt's shoulder and shaking him slightly. "What do you see Newt?"

Looking back at the mirror, Newt felt his shoulders drop as he smiled at the reflection in the mirror. "(Y/N)."