𝐉𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒, fairytales

FAIRYTALES
A James Potter x Reader Oneshot

SUMMARY: James always loved fairytales but one day, he finally learns why he shouldn't believe in them so much

WARNINGS: angst, fem!reader (2,335 words)

White lily flower petals littered the green grass, acting as an aisle for the bride to walk down as the guests waited impatiently in their seats

James was probably the most anxious out of everyone there. He had been in-love with you since sixth year back at Hogwarts and now here he was waiting for you to arrive at the wedding.

Silver chairs were wrapped with pieces of white and ivory fabric, a combination you've always adored, and white tulips lined the aisle. There was a makeshift stage in front of them, where the bride and groom would stand and finally be one. The setting looked like something straight out of a fairytale.

After a few minutes, you had apparated along with your parents. Since it was still in the midst of a war, you ditched out of the traditional wedding dress your parents had wished for and opted for a simple but elegant dress instead. James held his breath as he watched your father walk you down the aisle and right pass him.

***

Christmas was always your favourite holiday. Back home with your parents, the days counting down to Christmas were spent together as a family and gift exchanges were the best. You would've thought that this tradition would end after you got accepted into Hogwarts but your muggle parents had managed to get used to using the owl and were able to share the experience with you.

With Christmas just a week away, your parents had already sent 7 owls, making the house elves who tended to the school owls very exhausted, and were sending another owl soon.

"They seem to really enjoy using owls." James said as he watched an owl fly in through the Common Room and drop off a package into your lap.

"I thought they would've been wary of using animals to send stuff but turns out I was wrong." You replied as you opened the paper package. Since you were away from school, your parents had decided to switch the order of activities you'd all do. You were supposed to be baking cookies with your mom while your dad sang Christmas songs around the kitchen on this day.