𝐍𝐄𝐖𝐓, risks

RISKS
A Newt Scamander x Reader

SUMMARY: Newt doesn't want to move on after losing you

CONTAIN(S): fem!reader, implication of death (295 words)

"She'd want you to move on." Queenie said as she sat at the dinner table, pulling Newt out of his thoughts.

"What- Queenie could you not do that?"

"Sorry, people are just easiest to read when they're hurting."

"....I'm not hurting."

Had it not been so oddly quiet in his flat Queenie would have not been able to hear him. His voice was barely a whisper as he tried his best to let his voice break. Queenie flashed him a sympathetic smile to which Newt only smiled weakly before excusing himself to go back down to his basement. His creatures could help distract him, or at least he hoped so.

His creatures were able to help distract his mind for a few minutes up until his eyes landed on a familiar photograph he kept in his shed. He dropped the bucket in his arms and inhaled a shaky breath as he stared at the photograph of you.

He's never quite gotten over your death. It's been years and even though everyone tells him it's okay to move on it just felt wrong for him. All the promises and memories the two of made just for you to be taken from him. It didn't feel right for Newt to move on. It felt like forgetting you in a way and he didn't want that.

"She would have wanted you to move on, she wouldn't want to be holding you back." Theseus would have told him countless times.

"It's alright to move on." His mother reminded him.

"You know she'd rather you move on and be happy than have you refuse and remain unhappy." Your friends would say but their words changed nothing for Newt simply refused to move on. Refused to forget you. Refused to risk losing someone else.