𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐔𝐋𝐔𝐒, simple phrases

SIMPLE PHRASES
A Regulus Black Centric Blurb

CONTAIN(S): implication of alcohol consumption and depictions of anxiety (454 words)

The sound of glass shattering echoed through the halls of 12 Grimmauld Place, startling a young Regulus Black who was only trying to sleep

The sound of glass shattering echoed through the halls of 12 Grimmauld Place, startling a young Regulus Black who was only trying to sleep. He let out a shakey breath as he laid on his side, lifting his head ever since slightly so that his hearing wasn't muffled by his pillow.

You'll be alright. He whispered to himself.

He wrapped his blanket tighter around his body. A cool breeze suddenly finding its way into his room. Everything will be alright. Just get past the night, you'lI be fine when-

"REGULUS!" The matriarch's voice boomed. Regulus jumped at the sudden sound but quickly tried to calm his breathing as footsteps started getting closer and closer to his door.

Shutting his eyes tight, he pretended to be asleep as his door creaked open. The sound made him want to cringe but he felt his heart beat faster as a presence made its way closer to him.

"Regulus." The voice slurred, shuffling from side to side as they tried to keep their balance. When the boy remained quiet, appearing fast asleep, the matriarch seemed to stand still for a moment before turning around and heading towards the door.

"Hmph." As his door slammed shut, Regulus found it harder to stabilize his breathing as the sound of footsteps hurriedly got quieter.

It's going to be alright. Everything is going to be okay.

You are alright, you are safe, you are okay.

It's going to be alright. Everything is going to be okay.

Regulus repeated the simple phrases under his breath as he laid there, paying attention to the sounds of footsteps and doors opening or closing but it didn't seem to ease the horible feeling in his gut.

And maybe it was right, because before he could go back to his simple phrases the sound of glass shattering filled his ears once again. This time however, laughter followed after. It started off as a chuckle before growing into full fledged laughter. Regulus didn't know what was so funny, he didn't think there was anything to even find funny in 12 Grimmauld Place, but the matriarch clearly found something that amused her enough.

Pressing his head into his pillow, he grabbed a secondary one to cover the side of his head in attempt to blocking out the laughter. Unfortunately for him, this didn't help at all no matter how hard he tried. The laughter echoed throughout the halls, bouncing off the walls and floors as it made its way towards Regulus' room.

You'll be alright. His words from earlier repeated in his head but he only shook his head as he pressed the pillows closer.

Will I really be alright?