𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐔𝐒, skinny love

SKINNY LOVE
A Sirius Black x Reader Oneshot

SUMMARY: Your relationship with Sirius is hanging on by a breaking thread

WARNING(S): Cheating, gender-neutral!reader (1,094 words)

"Aren't the two of you together?" A Hufflepuff asked you on your way down to the dungeons for Potions class causing you to stop in your tracks

"Aren't the two of you together?" A Hufflepuff asked you on your way down to the dungeons for Potions class causing you to stop in your tracks. Looking towards the direction they were pointing to you sighed when you saw Sirius shamelessly flirting with a student a year below you.

"Yeah, he's a natural flirt. I trust him though." You replied with a tight lipped smile. The Hufflepuff shrugged and walked to their own class.

As you walked to your class you thought about what you had said, more importantly, how you said you trusted him. "I wish I did." You muttered under your breath.

The two of you had been dating for nearly three years now. He first asked you in second year when you were both head over heels for each other. As time went on though the relationship started to get boring, started to become a routine you both nearly dreaded. The relationship was hanging on for dear life on a broken thread but instead of trying to fix it, Sirius seemed to be causing more damage to it. When he first started acting like this you were obviously hurt and tried to fix the relationship to the best of your abilities until you realized it wasn't your fault.

Too deep in your thoughts to notice where you were heading, you didn't see the boy in front of you until you bumped into him. "Oi- (Y/N)? You alright?"

The boy in front of you turned out to be James, one of Sirius's friends, who looked at you with worry evident on his face. You simply nodded and tried to walk around him to get to your class but he grabbed your arm, preventing you from moving.

"It's not like you need to go to Potions today, you're already top of the class and a whole lecture ahead. Let's take a walk." James offered with a hopeful smile.

Reluctantly, you agreed and let him guide you around the school to an empty hallway on the seventh floor. The two of you sat on the ground, leaning on the wall in silence before James spoke. "Why do you still stay?"

You took a minute to think of a reply for you also didn't know the answer to his question. "I, I don't know."

"Then why don't you end it? I know you both love, or at least loved, each other but it's not that puppy love you both once had anymore. Staying is only making yourself more miserable (Y/N) and I don't like seeing you miserable."

When you and Sirius first started dating, James was the first to find out and loved you immediately. He saw you as a little sister and treated you as such as well, taking your side over Sirius when he started to act differently and even tried to talk some sense into him. Unfortunately, it didn't work though you appreciated the effort.

"I'm at least hoping it can last till the end of the school year," You admitted quietly. "Then I can have the summer to deal with the break up, better than having to deal with it during the school year."

James sighed and though he wished for it to be done and over with for your sake, he knew your reasoning was valid and there was nothing he could do about it. He could only wait and hope that you'd actually do it.

"Fine, but you have to do it by the end of the year as you said, alright?"

You nodded, watching as he released a sigh of relief before getting up from the ground. "I think we could both use a butter beer, care to join?"

For the next few weeks you would spend more and more time with James than you did with Sirius but yet again, it's not like you spent much time with him anymore. He'd occasionally walk you to class when he wasn't flirting with other girls but even when he did, his arm would wrap around your shoulder like dead weight while he ogled girls who he would later flirt with. James took it upon himself to walk you to class instead and when he couldn't, would ask Remus or Peter to walk you instead. You appreciated the gesture though you often told them that they didn't have to, they simply shrugged and asked if you'd like to ditch to walk around the castle instead.

You had managed to ditch your afternoon classes every Thursday and Friday for at least a month before finally getting caught. James was leading you through a supposedly empathy corridor only to run into Professor McGonagall who deducted 10 points each and gave a week of detention.

"At least I won't have to see him for a week." You muttered as the two of you headed to detention the next day. James chuckled as he held the door open for you but quickly slammed the door shut.

"James?" You asked while eyeing his curiously, wondering why the hell he just slammed the door so loudly and abruptly. As you tried to go towards the door James would block you from even touching it. You spent a good 5 minutes struggling to reach for the door until you finally opened the door with a little too much force that caused you to slip. Had it not been for James who swiftly grabbed you by the waist to keep you balenced you would've face planted the floor by now.

As you walked through the door James desperately tried to pull you back outside but it was too late. There in the corner of the room sat Sirius with another student on his lap, playing with his hair while he kissed her neck.

"Oh." You said, finally understanding why James had been trying to prevent you from entering the class.

"I'm sorry." James whispered behind you, hands on your shoulder in a reassuring manner. You inhaled a shaky breath, trying your best to not burst into tears right then and there.

"Ah, Ms (Y/L/N) and Mr Potter, I see you finally decided to stop fighting in front of the door." Professor McGonagall announced her desk, gaining not only yours and James attention but Sirius' as well who looked up at you with a scared expression. His attempts of pushing the girl off his lap failed miserably as she wrapped her arms around his neck causing you to roll your eyes as you took the seat farthest from him. James shot a disappointed look at his friend before taking the seat beside you.