𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐔𝐋𝐔𝐒, our secret place

OUR SECRET PLACE
A Regulus Black x Reader Oneshot

SUMMARY: You've grown used to taking autumn walks by yourself but weren't agaisnt having someone join you

WARNING(S): gender-neutral!reader (1,644 words)

Dried leaves littered the ground in hues of red, orange, yellow and brown

Dried leaves littered the ground in hues of red, orange, yellow and brown. The trees were bare and the air was becoming cooler with every passing day. Winter was getting close which meant you had limited time to enjoy the autumn weather before snow would pack down.

For the past six years you enjoy your autumn walks alone, or at least tried to. After your third year you had grown used to the feeling of loneliness but that didn't stop the feeling entirely.

Before you were sent to Hogwarts, you would take autumn walks with your friends and family. It became a tradition to spend at least one day out in a forest or park where the leaves crunched beneath your feet. It was one of your fondest memories and one thing you missed the most while away at Hogwarts. Taking those walks alone felt lonely and going on walks during the summer time with your friends and family felt different. You quickly realized that you'd have to settle for those walks.

From time to time you'd miss the laughter and conversations made during those walks you once took with friends and family but you knew there was nothing you could quite do to fill that void. Your friends didn't seem to like the idea of walks, finding there to be 'better things to do instead' as they phrased it so you had stopped offering and just went by yourself.

You'd be a little sad at first when you started your walks, wishing for one of them to run up and join you but it never happened. You could only dream.

Today you took the same path as you always did. The narrow path behind Hagrid's Hut which, after a few twists and turns, would lead you to a wider walking trail lined with tall trees. If you'd walk far enough, you'd even come across a pond with ducks and frogs and flowers all around it. The area was beautiful and even more during the autumn season. You had discovered the area when you were taking an old route back in fourth year and had gotten lost. This resulted in you ending up near the pond for the first time and after you found an easier way of reaching it, you made sure to visit it as much as possible to bask in its beauty.