𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐔𝐋𝐔𝐒, carnival lights and city lines

CARNIVAL LIGHTS AND CITY LINES
A Regulus Black x Reader Oneshot

SUMMARY: In which Regulus is brought to a muggle amusement park and has a better time than he expected

CONTAIN(S): gender-neutral!reader, fluff (2,023 words)

"I'm sure mother would have my head if she knew where I was

"I'm sure mother would have my head if she knew where I was." Regulus said as he let you drag him along.

"Oh lighten up Black, I doubt she'll even check to see if you're actually at Diagon Alley." Was your response as you continued to pull him through the crowd leading to a muggle amusement park.

Convincing him to go with you was surprisingly easier than actually getting him to the front gates. A mix of worry and general distaste for such crowded areas left a sour taste in his mouth but at the same time, he knew how much you enjoyed these places and the last thing he wanted was for him to be the reason behind a bad memory.

"Fine." He mumbled as you continued to drag him towards the gate where you began to talk to the worker behind the booth. He watched as you pulled out some money and handed it to the worker who directed you to the gates leading into the park.

Usually he would insist on paying for you but seeing as he doesn't have any muggle currency, he really had no say today.

"Wrists please." The worker at the gate said and with no hesitation, you gave them your wrist. They wrapped a flimsy paper band around it before turning to Regulus, who hesitantly mirrored your actions. "I don't bite." They said in an attempt to lighten the mood. Unfortunately, he failed as Regulus only narrowed his eyes at them while they wrapped the piece of paper around his wrist.

"Tough dude." He heard the worker mumble under their breath as they opened the gate for the two of you to pass. The smell of fried food and sweet candy immediately filled both your senses as you walked towards the crowd, Regulus' grip on your hand tightening as he trailed closely behind you.

As you led him towards a booth where he was required to get a second paper wristband, Regulus took the time to take in the place you had dragged him to which you called an amusement park. Food vendors lined the park through the center with various game booths and rides on either side.