Baby sitting

Aurora pov

I couldn't believe it. Were they really leaving me with a kid and Pietro? Jeez, why are they so stupid. I sighed and looked at the little boy. He was sucking his thumb. I couldn't help a little 'ew'.

"Don't say that," Pietro said while looking around. "He's just a little kid."

"And he's sucking his thumb," I responded and sat down.

I put the kid on his feet. He started walking around and babbling. I looked at him. I was confused. Why would they do this. Why did they leave me with a kid. Specific me? I looked at Pietro. He was watching the kid. I sighed and looked around.

"He looks like he's searching for something," Pietro said.

"He's like 2 or 3, he could make that more clear," I responded while looking at the kid.

Pietro got a point there. He was walking around while looking around a lot, looking behind stuff. I sighed and stood up. I walked to the kid and picked him up. He looked at me with his big blue eyes.

"Mama?" he asked

"I'm not your mama," I responded while shaking my head. "I'm Aurora, but people call me Rory."

"Rowy," he said.

"Close kiddo," I responded. I pointed at Pietro.

"That's Pietro, but you can call them Pi," I said.

"Now what is your name?" Pietro asked.

The boy looked confused. Like he didn't get it. Didn't he know his own name?

Pietro pov

I looked at them. She doesn't like kids but she's still good with them. I'm impressed. I looked around, maybe we could find something with a name on it. Or just a toy. Just in case he starts to cry, because Aurora will freak out if that happens.

I found a teddy bear. I wiped off the dust and saw Elijah on it. I guess that was his name. But that meant the kid has been here for a longer time, since there was dust on it.

I looked around. Maybe there was more stuff, like clothes or toys. I was searching for 5 minutes when I heard crying. Oh no...

Tony pov

We finished everything. We knocked out all the agents, but there were no civilians. Weird. We were walking back when I heard a cry. I looked at the others and we ran back, just to see Aurora walking around while the little boy was following her.

Third person pov

"You're making the kid cry!" Pietro said.

"The kid is making me cry!" Aurora responded while walking away.

"What is going on?" Steve asked.

"Elijah, the boy, likes Aurora," Pietro started.

"And Aurora doesn't like the boy and regrets all her life choices including picking up that kid," Aurora said in the middle of Pietro's sentence.

"Just pick him up, maybe he'll stop crying," Bucky said.

"Alright old wise man, you pick it up since that is your genius advice," Aurora said a little annoyed.

After 5 long minutes of crying and discussing decided Aurora to pick up the boy and he stopped crying. Pietro gave the teddy bear. They walked to the jet and Aurora sat down with the kid playing on her lap. She looked with a disgusted face.

"We shouldn't have left her with that kid," Bruce said. "She's the last one willing to take care, and now she has to."

"No I won't have to," Aurora said. "We're bringing him to a foster family or something, I know good ones. And otherwise I'll jump of the tower."

Everybody looked surprised at her.

"How do you know good ones?" Steve asked.

"Not important," Aurora responded without looking back.