The Alleyway, Again

Aurora pov

I was in the alleyway. It was night and rainy. I sighed as I was waiting, curious about who was going to come. Normally they would send Clint, but that wasn’t possible. I looked at my watch and sighed again. 

“Come on then,” I mumbled. 

I started to play with a knife, since I was bored. I walked to one end and looked around the corner, then I walked to the other one and did the same. Well, it wasn’t my problem If they weren’t going to send anyone. Less problems for me. 

“Moore,” a voice behind me said.

I turned around and looked at the person. It was Tony, but he didn’t have his suit.

“Seriously? You?” I asked with a slight chuckle in my voice.

“Yeah, me. Now listen, this is how it’s gonna happen. Yo-”

“Did you lose your ability to read? You don’t get a word, I do. I make the rules here.”

He looked at me in silence.

“First of all, you’re gonna undo all the criminal drama, since we did nothing wrong except not giving you guys what you want.”

“Alright deal. Can we go back now?”

“I said first of all, I’m not done. Secondly, you are going to stop forcing me to join the Avengers again. I don't want to, just accept that please.”

“But we just want you back. You’re a good fighter and a smart girl and-”

“You’re not going to be able to change my mind, Stark. I don’t want to come back. And that brings me to the third point, you’re going to leave me alone. I’m leaving, surely with Pietro, the others decide for themselves whether they come back or now. If they do, then you accept that. The same if they don’t. But you’re not going to follow us, because then a fight is going to break out. You know who I have on my side.”

“Yeah, now listen kid. You have way less power than you think you have.”

“I never said that I have power. Neither am I going to say that.”

“Moore, you have to stop. All this drama is because you are overreacting, being a drama queen. No one likes a drama queen.”

“But there are so many people that like you.”

He didn’t like that comment. He looked at me and slowly walked closer.

“I am not a drama queen.”

“I think differently about that, but this is not the freaking point.”

“No indeed. The point is, is that you have to come back and stop all your insecurities.”

“No! I am not coming back! I am leaving, I’m an adult so I can do whatever I want!”

“You bringing other people into it, like Barton and Thor and-”

“That was their own choice!”

“Listen Moore-”

“No! I am not going to listen!”

There was a big silence while we looked at each other. We clearly had different thoughts, but I wasn’t going to listen anymore. I wasn’t going to follow anymore. I tried with them, I fought with them, and I was tired with them. There was nothing that was going to change my mind. Not Tony, not Steve, not Pietro if he tried, not freaking Santa Claus, nothing and no one. I sighed and shook my head. Then I turned around.

“It was a great opportunity for me to be an Avenger, but it sadly wasn’t something for me. But thank you, and the others. Even though you were always jerks to me. Goodbye Tony.”

I started walking away, leaving him there. This wasn’t how I wanted to end this conversation, but it is how it went. I couldn’t change anything about it anyway, I also wasn’t going to. I knew how that was going to end, not nice.

“You won’t be a criminal if you leave, but also not a hero!”

I stopped and let a deep sigh leave.

“I have never been a hero, and neither will I ever be.”