𝐱. TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT

▬▬▬▬▬ CHAPTER TEN ▬▬▬▬▬

⚠️HELP⚠️

....Does anyone know if Hazel was aware that Nico was a Greek demigod??? Or did she think he was Roman the entire time they were at Camp Jupiter??? Because I remember in Son of Neptune, she was kinda surprised when Percy turned out to be a Greek and had this belief that Greeks were crazy and untrustworthy or whatever, and I figured that she probably wasn't aware that Nico was a Greek because I doubt she would've had that sort of belief if she knew.

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️

Okay initially the Essan scene was supposed to be steamy but it ended up being more darker, so... I guess this is a warning for that???

(If you don't notice the dark undertones, then you'll be fine)

ETHAN KEPT VISITING HER DURING the weekends for the next following weeks, and the newly revamped Shrieking Shack became their frequented hang-out spot. Sometimes, she would disguise themselves with the Mist so they could walk around Hogsmeade together and she even got him to go into that cute place, Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop, with her. It was a shame they were both disguised, she would've found it hilarious to see her tall, dark, and broody looking boyfriend sitting in such a cute, Barbie-like place.

But regardless of where they went, being near each other was like a serotonin boost. Esmerelda forgot all about her issues with school, Sirius, and the Fates, while Ethan's anger lessened, replaced by a sort of tranquility he only got around her. Their presence was the other's safe haven...

...Until Esmerelda saw Ethan's math homework.

"W-why are there Greek letters in the problem?" She asked shakily. Greek letters were now a part of math? She thought the regular letters were bad enough!

He regarded her carefully. "Essie... do they not teach you, like, any math in school?"

"Not really..."

"...What's one plus one?"

"I know that!" She exclaimed, pouting. "But seriously, since when were there Greek letters in math?!"

"Since algebra 2," he snorted.

"That's horrible," she gasped, and then realized something. "Wait, oh no... I'll be so behind..."

"I'd tutor you, but it's already hard enough tutoring Percy," he rolled his eye. "That kid just can't do fractions to save his life."

She cuddled against his arm. "Nico can do fractions," she said proudly. "Has he visited you by any chance?"

His scowl deepened. "A couple of times. Did you tell him about my first day in my new job? He literally came into the store to bother me."

She tried not to smile in amusement. "Um... maybe he wanted to visit you?"