𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢. DEAL WITH THE DEVIL

▬▬▬ CHAPTER THIRTY ONE ▬▬▬

MY NEPHEW WAS PLAYING POKEMON SHIELD AND HE CAUGHT THIS GARBODOR (which is literally a TRASH pokemon) AND NAMED IT 'KATRINA' (that's my name btw)

😡 😡 😡

AZKABAN WAS LIKE A CREEPIER version of Alcatraz (hell, even their names were similar). It was a massive towering fortress on in an island in the middle of the North Sea. The prison building itself was as tall as a skyscraper, with inky dark walls and very tiny windows in only a few cells. Supposedly, it was super secure, but Ethan doubted it since he didn't even have to try to get in here in the first place.

It was pathetically easy. First, he went to the Leaky Cauldron (and he had been there multiple times when it came to helping Esmerelda shop for school supplies) and asked a wizard how to visit a prisoner in Azkaban. He was told that all he needed to do was go to the Ministry to set up an appointment and that was exactly what he did (but not before nabbing the guy's wand when he wasn't looking).

Getting into the Ministry was pretty simple too. He walked into the building and got checked by security even though the only 'checking' they did was on his wand. They didn't even bother to scan him for any other weapons nor did they pat him down, meaning the knife sheathed around his ankle had gone unnoticed and they were clueless at the fact that his earring could turn into a sword. Anyways, he made his appointment, used a little luck manipulation to get him the earliest date slot and now one speedboat ride later, here he was.

It took him hours to get here though, mainly because the idiot taking him to the island had no idea how to drive the fucking thing. Apparently magic was malfunctioning all around them to the point where technology was able to be used and he didn't want to take any risks with apparating.

"Luckily the borders are still up so muggles won't be able to see it," the Auror who was guiding him said through chattering teeth. "We'd be in big trouble if that were to happen. I hope whatever's going on doesn't get any worse..."

Ethan said nothing as he followed the man into the building.

The Auror must not have been good with silence because he then let out an awkward chuckle before saying, "So, what brings you here? I, uh, I heard you were visiting Sirius Black."

"I am," he replied curtly.

"Why's that?"

Ethan gave him a cutting glare, as if he was saying, 'Is it really any of your business?'.

"Sorry, just trying to make conversation," the Auror mumbled, before finding another topic to talk about. "That's the bracelet you've got there. Bit girly don't you think?"

Ethan glanced down at the charm bracelet hanging around his wrist. It was Esmerelda's. After her body was given to camp, Chiron quietly asked if he would like to keep some of the things that were on her person, like the ring, bracelet, and brooch. It was one of the things he had to remember her by, and he didn't think he could ever part with them now that she was gone.