𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. REPRIEVE

▬▬▬▬ CHAPTER THIRTEEN ▬▬▬▬

QUESTION! How long are smut chapters supposed to be, word-wide??? I finished the forbidden tango (the chapter twenty you guys have been thirsting after) for the Church of Essie book and it's 4,000+ IS THAT ENOUGH???

"MOM, I'M SORRY... I KNOW you said to let father handle the problem, but I didn't listen. I went to the Underworld and... well, some things occurred. I honestly didn't mean to be gone for so long, I'm sorry. I... I also can't tell you what happened. You can't IM me either. Father paid Iris a hefty sum to keep people from trying to reach me. Said something about not wanting people to see where I'm at. I'm sorry. I can't tell you where I'm going, but just know that I'm okay. I don't know when I'll see you next, but hopefully it'll be soon... I don't know when you'll get this voicemail since I know Hogwarts doesn't have reception, but just please don't be mad at Ethan or the Stolls, okay? It wasn't their faults... Tell Ethan I'm sorry, too."

Another voice could be heard in the background. A girl's this time.

"Um, Nico?" She sounded apprehensive. "We're... we're here."

Nico gulped. "Okay. I have to go. I borrowed someone's phone so you won't be able to call me back. I promise to never pull something like this again. I'm sorry, mom. I love you."

And the voicemail ended after that.

Esmerelda let out a small sob once it finished. It was the last time she had heard from him before he disappeared two months ago. Ethan had Iris Messaged her in a panic, rambling about how Nico wasn't in his room or anywhere in the house and that there was some note he left detailing that he had done exactly what she had asked him not to do. He had found a way into the Underworld, and now he was gone.

It didn't help that her tracking spell had fizzled away the second she enchanted it, most likely the works of either Hades or her mother. Either way, she hated the both of them. She knew Hades had something to do with his disappearance, and he most likely had Nico swear to keep silent, which was why he had been so vague in the voicemail.

But the misfortunes didn't end once Nico disappeared. Everything seemed to grow worse after that. The next month after he disappeared, at the beginning of November, Zeus recalled all the gods and goddesses back to Olympus and closed it down, forbidding any and all contact with demigods and mortals.

Lou Ellen had told her all about it. Apparently Dionysus had suddenly been ordered back to Olympus, and when he didn't come back the next day, Pollux—his only surviving son—tried contacting him through prayers. Usually Dionysus would reply back through a dream, but the god had been oddly silent. A few days later, Chiron grimly announced that Zeus had closed off Olympus for an indefinite amount of time.

"Isn't it obvious?" Ethan said bitterly over a Friday night. He, Esmerelda, Travis, Connor, and Percy were all gathered around the Jason Voorhees coffee table with a box of stuffed crust pepperoni pizza set before them.