𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. FATAL FLAW

▬▬▬ CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT ▬▬▬

Okay, so you know how I was talking about reading the book fics in a previous chapter??? Well, this one author, Maddiexoxoxox (from Quotev) asked to make a reading the books fic about my fanfics and I agreed. She published it recently, so you should go check it out!

It's called "Reading Aletheia | BOOK 1" by Maddiexoxoxox.

She's only got the prologue up for now I think but she'll have more posted later on.

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️

Forbidden tango at last! It's gonna happen somewhere in the middle of the chapter so like last time, you can read this whole thing, or go to the Church of Essie once the suggestive scene happens and then come back. 

I STRONGLY SUGGEST THE SECOND OPTION!

"WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU MEAN by a 'human' test subject?" Draco asked her nervously. "What the hell have you been testing the spell on?"

A couple hundred dead people, some monsters, and other non-human creatures, Esmerelda mentally responded. But on the outside she said: "Uh, don't worry about it."

It wasn't a very convincing response judging by the incredulous look he shot her.

"But then how—"

"—Come on, come on," she said hastily, ushering him away. She dragged him around the castle until she reached one of its doors and sneakily slipped out.

"You're going to test your spell on me now?" Draco's skin turned paler than normal. "And why are we going to the forest?!"

"Because I can't risk anyone seeing and thinking I'm trying to kill you or whatever," she said impatiently. "Now shush!"

They barely went deep into the forest since Draco was too much of a wimp to go any further. It was alright for Esmerelda anyways, they were still hidden well enough by the thick trees surrounding them.

"Alright," she began. "So I managed to finally complete the spell. Once I cast it on you, you should be able to share your sight with me whenever you wish."

"Should," he echoed blankly.

She waved a hand dismissively. "You'll be fine, okay? The other test subjects were okay during the final stage, but you might... feel a little woozy. You're built a bit more delicately than them after all."

He cocked his head back, offended. "Excuse me?!"

"No offense," she tried to say, but he was already very much offended. "Now are you ready?"