35

Namjoon felt a sharp pain in his head and he opened his eyes. He was tied to a chair with metal handcuffs. He looked around, but the place was unknown. He tried to recognise the place but he couldn't quite decipher. "Where the fuck am I?"

"You are in a neutral space." A boy said as he went near him and started filling a syringe with something.

Namjoon gasped, "And who are you? What are you injecting me?"

The boy smiled, "This is a serum that will keep you grounded after the experiment. And I am Choi Beomgyu."

Namjoon flinched as the serum was injected into him, "And Why am I here?"

"To complete the experiment that I could not do because of your mother." A man entered and smiled at him.

Namjoon groaned, "Kim Jinhae."

Jinhae tusked, "Such a brat. Calling his father by his name."

Namjoon chuckled, "You are not my father."

Jinhae scrunched his face, "So you know it, huh? How did you gain your memory back?"

Namjoon smirked, "The technology is very advanced, Mr Kim."

Jinhae hummed, "Then, I will have to use a different approach."

Namjoon was confused, "What?"

Jinhae smiled, "I know your father was the elder out of the twins and by that theory, you should be one sitting on the throne and not the weak king right now. You let me complete the experiment and join me and I will let you have the throne."

Namjoon chuckled, "I am not as shallow as you, Jinhae. I will never betray him. He is the king and he deserves it. Even if I die, I won't change my mind or betray him."

Jinhae signals Boemgyu to leave them alone and he bowed and left the room. "Great then. I will just have my way with you."

Namjoon smiled, "So, how did you make these people work under you?"

Jinhae started laughing, "This is why I like you. You always know what to ask. I lied to half of them that their families died because of the royals. I'll tell you the secret, I killed them. And half of them are here because of money. I pay them for being my guinea pigs."

Namjoon scorched his nose, "I hate myself for ever thinking of you as my role model."

Jinhae laughed again, "I am glad you did. But right now, let's not delay the experiment any longer." He stood up and started to inject another serum into Namjoon.

Namjoon couldn't resist, "What are you doing?" He groaned and his head was heavy and it was hard to keep his eyes open.

Jinhae smirked, "This will help me to complete the experiment successfully."

~

The next time, Namjoon opened his eyes, he was in the same chair. He wondered if it had been days or hours or minutes. And if it had been days, had they taken care of his hygiene? He groaned at the banging headache and tried to look around and make out the place he was in. It oddly looked familiar, but he could not pinpoint it.

There were various machines on one side and there were liquids in test tubes or bottles on the other shelf. Namjoon was tied to what looked like a chair but he could not move even his finger. The only moveable part was his head. He didn't understand how that was even possible. And in front of him, there was a huge screen that displayed Jinhae's signature, KJH. A few minutes later, he gave up and tried to get some rest. But he wasn't allowed to as the door opened and Kim Jinhae and a boy came in.

Jinhae signalled the boy and the boy went to Namjoon and injected another liquid in him.

Namjoon sighed, "Will you stop injecting random liquid in my body?"

Jinhae gasped, "How dare you? My best scientist," He pointed at the boy, "Soobin, has worked day and night on this."

Namjoon rolled his eyes. Jinhae told Soobin something and then left the room after patting on Soobin's back.

Soobin focused on the machines and mixed a few liquids and then smiled. He looked quite young, Namjoon thought. Namjoon cleared his throat, "Can you tell me how long I have been here?"

Soobin pursed his lips, "Five days."

Namjoon groaned, "And how many liquids did you dump in my body?"

Soobin looked at Namjoon and tilted his head, "I will answer if you answer my questions honestly."

Namjoon nodded as that was the only action he could do with his body, "Deal."

Soobin licked his lips, "We injected a total of 6 liquids in your body. Include the one in the bathroom."

Namjoon hummed, "Okay. What do you want to ask?"

Soobin looked out of the room and then closed the door and locked it from the inside. He then went to a table and came up with a chip. He attached the chip on Namjoon's back of the head and then looked in his phone.

Namjoon was confused, "What is this?"

Soobin looked at him with wide eyes, "Are you sure you are a scientist?"

Namjoon felt really offended, "Yah!"

Soobin chuckled and rolled his eyes, "You are in no state to raise your voice at me. And the chip is a lie detector. I don't trust you enough to not use it."

~

As soon as the news of Prince getting lost again came to be known, there was a commotion in the kingdom. Especially the police department and the royal guards. Seokjin, at first, thought it was a joke and Yoongi was just playing with him. But as soon as he saw the seriousness in Yoongi's eyes, he ran to the police station to reconfirm the news. The captain was ordering people here and there and making sure that everyone was on the case. Seokjin had to literally beg to be on the case as the captain thought he was too emotionally involved to be on it.

And the captain was right.

Seokjin had gone out of his way to find Namjoon. He pulled all-nighters and made sure to interrogate every suspect at least thrice. He had deep dark circles under his eyes and was running on less than 2 hours of sleep and a shit ton of coffee, even when he didn't like coffee.

Finally, after a threat of firing him, the captain managed to send Seokjin home. Even at home, he didn't rest. He had secretly brought some files home and he was working on them. He was so tired from crying and working that he closed his eyes to rest them, but fell asleep.

The doorbell of his house woke him up. He groaned and closed the files and put them away. He looked at the clock and said 3:00. "Who the hell comes at 3 in the night?"

He dragged himself to the door and opened it and narrowed his eyes.

"Are you Kim Seokjin?"

Seokjin nodded, "But who are you?"