42

Yoongi was doing the last check of all the places in the palace when he saw the lights of Hoseok's study still on. He sighed and knocked twice before entering.

"You should go to sleep, sunshine."

Hoseok looked up from the papers and smiled, "Ah, there are just a few papers to sign, and then I'll sleep."

Yoongi went to him and took the papers from his hand, "We can do that tomorrow."

"Tomorrow is important." Hoseok tried to take the papers back but Yoongi stepped back immediately with a mischievous smile. "Hyung..." Hoseok couldn't do anything but whine. He leaned in to take the papers, but the only thing that came in his hand was Yoongi's coat. He pulled the coat and Yoongi fell in Hoseok's lap, laughing loudly.

Yoongi looked back and gave a gummy smile, "Your highness, you need to sleep. Tomorrow is a big day, as you said."

Hoseok nodded, "I know, but-"

"No buts." Yoongi pouted.

Hoseok chuckled, "Well, I know which butt might help..."

Yoongi rolled his eyes, "Very funny."

Hoseok circled his arms around Yoongi and put his head on Yoongi's shoulder, "Hyung, I want to stay with you tonight."

Yoongi stood up from Hoseok's lap and sat back facing him, "I was thinking the same."

"Yeah?" Hoseok raised his eyebrows and pulled Yoongi closer, "Were you shy to ask? Or were you not going to ask at all?"

"I-" Yoongi sighed, already turning pink, "I was going to ask."

Hoseok chuckled and nuzzled his nose into Yoongi's, "I want you to spend your entire life next to me. In this palace. Forever."

"Are you secretly proposing to me?" Yoongi closed his eyes, scratching Hoseok's nape.

"Maybe." Hoseok looked into Yoongi's eyes, "Is it working?"

Yoongi laughed and shrugged, "Maybe."

Hoseok connected their lips in a light kiss, "I will surely propose to you. But after this, all get over."

Yoongi smiled and nodded, "I will wait for that."

They kissed slowly and to their accord. The lips melted into each other and they fitted with each other perfectly. Hoseok could test the light vanilla as he swiped his tongue across Yoongi's lips and teeth. Yoongi shuddered at the feeling and broke the kiss, smiling.

"Let's go to sleep." He stood and offered his hand to Hoseok, "You have been here for two days. You must be tired."

This time Hoseok didn't protest. He took his hand and stood up slowly. He surely was tired but realised only as he got up from the chair. As soon as they reached the bedroom, Hoseok fell on the bed, Yoongi in his arms, and fell into the absolute abyss of dreams after just a few seconds.

~

The next morning, all the palace workers were lined up in front of Hoseok. Hoseok smiled and went to the president.

"As I am gone to the battle, you are in charge of the kingdom. I have ruled this country like my own child. I hope you won't disappoint me."

The president bowed, "I will do my best, your highness."

Hoseok smiled and went to Jimin, "Jimin-ah. I will give the responsibility to keep the entire thing undercover. We can't have unrest in the public. I know you are best at your job."

Jimin bowed to him, "I'll do my best. Take care of yourself, your highness."

Hoseok ruffled his hair and went to Jungkook, "Work with Yeonjun behind the CCTV and make sure no one gets out of the laboratory. Alert us as soon as you see anyone."

Jungkook nodded and bowed, "I won't be there to save you this time. So don't let anything happen to yourself."

Hoseok laughed and nodded, "I will try." He looked at Teahyung who was hugging Seokjin the entire time and smiled, "Nothing is going to happen to him as well."

Taehyung broke the hug and looked at Seokjin, "I don't want to pressurize you, but please come back to me."

Seokjin kissed his forehead, "Of course, I will."

"Everything is ready." Namjoon came into the room. "I have instructed the army and they are ready as well." He looked at Seokjin and Yoongi, "Our top priority is to keep his highness safe."

Both of them nodded. Hoseok rolled his eyes, "If you are just going to keep me safe then how will you fight freely? I don't want to be a burden."

Yoongi smiled and walked near him, "You are not a burden. It is our duty, especially mine. So don't argue on this one. Please?"

How could Hoseok say no to those kitten eyes? He sighed and nodded, "But only you would have that responsibility."

"Okay." Yoongi turned to Namjoon and Seokjin and they nodded.

~

The army and the commanders moved forward with vigor, but undercover. It was a night mission so that the citizens were not disturbed. They were led by Soobin who insisted on at least showing them the way to the lab. As they reached the location, Hoseok stopped and turned back.

"Soldiers, you know what to do." He spoke with a commanding voice, "You would fight with only the normal people. If you spot any abnormal, you retreat and report one of us."

As they had expected, there was an army of normal people guarding the place. The army from the palace was very well trained and it wasn't a huge task for them to take the guards down. After an easy win, they entered the lab, and then the actual task began. The abnormals came. There were all the other seven abnormals standing in front of them. Hoseok signaled the army to retreat and they respectfully stepped back, not completely retreating from the lab.

Namjoon looked at the other three and nodded. Yoongi stayed by Hoseok's side as they fought with the abnormals. Namjoon and Seokjin stayed near and used each other to defeat the others. Seokjin used Namjoon's speed to dodge the attacks and Namjoon used Seokjin's shooting skills to kill the opponents. Yoongi distracted the abnormals while Hoseok shot them with his arrows, making sure that they didn't touch Yoongi.

One by one all the seven were down. Namjoon navigated his way to the place where he was kept when he was abducted.

"Oh, fuck no!"