10

Half an hour before

Hoseok sat on a beach alone, watching the sea crush the sandcastles that had been left there by the previous visitors. His guards had made sure to empty the beach for the king. Hoseok loved watching the waves come and go. It kind of reminded him of his father. They used to come here whenever the previous king had the time and play with the sand or with the water. His father always had something to teach to Hoseok with reference to the sea.

He sighed as he remembered the incident that happened with Yoongi two days ago. Another reason to come here was that Yoongi had his day off and Hoseok would like to empty his head full of thoughts or at least collect the thoughts that were scattered in his mind.

"Hey! You look kinda sad. Everything okay?"

This startled Hoseok and shrieked. He was quick to take the man's wrist and twist it.

"Ow! Dude, I was just asking if you are okay?"

"Who are you? And why are you here?" Hoseok growled.

"Bro. Just chill and leave my hand. I'll tell you."

Hoseok freed the hand a little but was in complete attention.

The man held his wrist in his other hand wince, "Damn. You have a nice grip."

Hoseok rolled his eyes, "Who are you?"

The man smiled, "I am Jeon Jungkook. Am I not allowed here? I saw the beach empty and thought I could maybe run a few kilometers here."

Hoseok was shocked. Usually, no, all the time, people knew that he was the king and when he visited the beach, it should be left alone. Then who was he? "Do you seriously don't know who I am?"

Jungkook shook his head, "You just seemed sad, so I thought maybe I could help you."

Hoseok sighed and sat. He signaled Jungkook to sit beside him. "Well, if you don't know who I am then it's safe to tell you stuff. But promise me to keep it a secret."

Jungkook nodded enthusiastically, "I promise."

Hoseok looked at the sea, "I am in love with someone. For four years. I have liked them for five years. I think they like me back. But whenever I try to make any advances, they always take a step back. It is honestly tiring. Having to flirt with someone and beg for their attention. I don't know what to do anymore."

Jungkook hummed, "You know, I think if they like you back and are taking a step back, either it is due to societal pressure, or they want to protect you."

Hoseok chuckled, "His job is literally to protect me."

Jungkook smiled, "Oh! He is a male. Well if you are very positive that he likes you back, why don't you use the ignore technique?"

Hoseok looked at Jungkook, "Ignore technique?"

Jungkook smiled wider, "Yeah. You ignore the person you like and see their reactions. If they are relieved that you are ignoring them, then it is a waste of time for trying to get their attention. But if they start getting irritated and angry because of it, then you should try to confess directly."

Hoseok nodded, "That is great."

Jungkook nodded, "Right! I tried this on my girlfriend for two years. And after that, I came to know that she was cheating."

"I am sorry." Hoseok sympathised.

Jungkook waved his hand, "Naah! It's cool. I had my suspensions. There is this other method too, but it can go wrong sometimes."