26

"... this would help them to grow and survive hard conditions."

The king looked at the plan and then at the symbol on the top of it.

KHJ

The king sighed and sat back, "Kim Jinhae-shi, I see many flaws in your plan. The people will divide due to the unequal distribution of power. Many may die due to the mistakes you make. I won't risk my people's lives and peace for your experiment."

Jinhae pointed to the plan, "But your highness, this is the new dawn of the human race. They will be smarter, stronger, faster."

The king chuckled, "I am not interested in risking my people for your dream, Jinhae-shi. Thank you for coming here. You may stay here, but if I catch you doing the experiment, I will execute you immediately."

Jinhae sat there watching the plan as the King and his attendants went out of the room.

"I know what mistake you made in this plan."

Jinhae looked up and found a little boy peeking into the plan. The boy was wearing very expensive clothes and Jinhae knew he was the prince. The prince had wolfish eyes and a dimpled smile. He smirked, "Yeah, what is it?"

The boy pointed at something that looked like a chromosome, "Here, in the zigzag looking part, the last strand..."

"Seojun-ah! Come here."

"Coming appa. I'll see you later ahjussi." The boy bowed and ran to his father.

Jinhae smirked again, "You are too smart for your own good, prince."

Seojun reached his dad and found Hoseok already there. His father smiled, "I heard you got full marks in your test today?"

Soejun smiled and nodded, "It was easy."

Hoseok scoffed, "It was easy for you, I scored 85 per cent only."

Soejun giggled, "Hyung... you are good at other things like horse riding and aiming. I am good at studying. We are both excellent in our own ways."

"And you are good with words too, Soejun-ah."

"Oh, your highness." They all bowed.

The king laughed, "How many times do I tell you to call me hyung, Minsoo-yah. And I have also heard that you, little king, were excellent in horse riding."

Hoseok jumped in excitement, "Yes, it was so fun. But appa, I want a pony of my own."

The king nodded, "Sure. Why not. It will be arranged for your birthday. And what do you want, young man?" He looked at Soejun.

Soejun thought for some time and then smiled at his father as if asking for permission. Minsoo nodded and Soejun looked at the king, "I want an encyclopedia, your highness. Bigger one. I  already read the one in the castle library."

The king and Minsoo laughed, "Of, course. Minsoo, take care of both the princes' wishes." He looked at the kids again, "I am sure you will be Hobi's chief advisor as he succeeds to the throne."

Soejun gasped and nodded, "I will. I will help Hobi hyung in every decision and never leave him."

Hoseok giggled, "And I will protect Soejun from every bad guy."

The elders laughed at the kids and went to their work, leaving them to play by themselves.

~

Thunder.

Rain.

Gunshot.

Everyone was running here and there to save the king. Prince Minsoo was shot as he tried to shield the king. Prince Soejun and Hoseok were running to get inside the safe room with Mr Kim, the king's chief royal guard. As they reached the main hall, they were stopped by Jinhae, "Where are you going?"

Mr Kim smirked, "You won't get to them till you go through me."

Jinhae rolled his eyes, "Aren't you supposed to save the king?"

They looked in the direction he was pointing and gasped. The king had the sword pierced through his heart and lied lifeless. Hoseok screamed, "Appa! No, please leave me. Let me go to my appa."

When Mr Kim was busy holding Hoseok, Jinhae shot him right in the head and Mr Kim fell in front of the princes.

Hoseok stood there like a statue due to the shock. Soejun gasped and thought of something. He could see the safe room's door open. He shook Hoseok and whispered in his ear, "Hyung, at the count of three, we run and hide in that safe room, okay?"

Hoseok nodded and Soejun slowly spoke, "One... two... three! Hyung, run!"

Hoseok and Soejun ran but Soejun slowed his speed down as he saw Jinhae running after them too. As Hoseok stepped into the safe room, he pressed the red button on the door. He thought he would slip into the room, but he was slow. Jinhae held him from his waist and hoisted him over his shoulder.

Jinhae laughed evilly, "You are really smart, prince. I'll have so much fun with you, my son."

Soejun hit him on the back with his fist, "I am not your son, put me down."

They could hear Hoseok crying and screaming from the room. In the room, there were maids and the people who could escape the attack. The maids were holding him down, as he tried to escape the room.

"No, let me go! Soejun-ah!"

"Soejun-ah"

"Soejun-ah!"

"Hosoekie, open your eyes, baby. It's just a dream. You are safe. I am here."

Hoseok opened his eyes and looked up to find Yoongi hugging him. He looked at himself. He was sweating so much that his entire PJs were wet.

Yoongi broke the hug to look down at Hoseok, "You okay?"

Hoseok shook his head and hugged Yoongi back, "I let him take Soejun. I could have done something. He took Soejun in front of me. We couldn't even find him. I am such a bad king. I let him get kidnapped."

Yoongi hushed him, combing his hair with fingers, "You are not a bad king, Hobi. You are a great king. You were just a kid back then. You couldn't have done anything. The most logical thing was to stay safe and take over your father's duties. Which you did so skillfully. Right?"

Hoseok cried more in Yoongi's embrace. He chanted 'I am sorry' and 'Soejun' while crying. Yoongi could only hold him tight as he cried to his heart's content.