21

Seokjin woke up to someone snuggling behind him and he remembered that he had fallen asleep in the arms of his boyfriend last night. He smiled lazily and carefully got out of the bed, without disturbing Namjoon. After washing himself, he made breakfast for both of them and left to work.

As he reached there, he met Jackson. Jackson explained to him whatever the forensics had told him and Seokjin nodded along.

"What about the knife?"

Jackson took the knife out, "There are no fingerprints. He must have been wearing gloves. But there is this symbol 'KJH' on it."

Seokjin sighed, "Of course. They just like to tick us off with this fuking symbol."

Jackson nodded. Seokjin sent him off and started working on other cases.

A few hours later, Youngjae came up to him. "Hey, hyung. The captain called you."

Seokjin groaned and went to the captain's office. He was sure he was gonna hear some scolding again about how the civilians are their priority.

But he was wrong.

"How is he?"

Seokjin was confused, "Who?"

The captain raised his eyebrow, "Your boyfriend got hit yesterday, right? How is he?"

Seokjin's mouth turned to an 'o', He blushed, "He is fine. How did you know?"

The captain smirked, "Youngjae told me. On a serious note, is he going to give police his statement?"

Seokjin thought for sometime and shook his head, "No."

The captain was confused, "What? Why?"

Before Seokjin could answer, they heard someone yell in the precinct, "Detective Kim Seokjin, please come out."

The captain looked at Seokjin with a question. Seokjin shrugged and went out of the office. He found Namjoon standing there with the biggest smile on his face, flashing his dimples. Seokjin brisked to him.

As soon as Seokjin came near Namjoon, he hugged Seokjin. "I am sorry. Are you still mad for yesterday?"

Seokjin chuckled and broke the hug, smiling. "No, why would you think that?"

Namjoon laughed nervously, "You left without waking me up... so I thought you would be mad."

"You were sleeping like a baby. So I didn't want to disturb you. Also, you need to rest." Seokjin said, signaling towards his waist.

Namjoon grinned from ear to ear, "You forgot your badge at home." He gave the badge to Seokjin and then proceeded to take out a bag, "And I figured out you must be hungry, so I bought you lunch."

Seokjin couldn't help but smile, "You are spoiling me."

Namjoon was about to lean down and comment something dirty when they heard a throat getting cleared. They both looked behind Seokjin. The captain and the entire precinct had witnessed their little conversation. Seokjin chuckled and blushed. His ears went pink and if you look closely, the blush was creeping up his neck too. "Right, I forgot we were at work."

The captain came closer to the couple and smiled at Namjoon, "I am the captain of the precinct. Nice to meet you."

Namjoon shook the hand he had extended and bowed, "Nice to meet you too, sir."

"Ah, no need to be formal." The captain laughed, "Well, I was talking to Seokjin if you could help us smoothen yesterday's case."

Namjoon smiled nervously, "Maybe, I guess."