4

You entered the EMPTY apartment complex and made your way inside the elevator.

You waited patiently until you reached the 5th floor, and walked slowly into the room the investigation had been taking place in.

You tried the handle and surprisingly the door opened. That's weird, I swear everyone was opening this door with a key, you thought to yourself.

There was nobody inside the room.

"Hello?" You called out. But nobody answered. You were confused as you could have sworn that you saw L looking down at you from the window. Regardless, you sighed feeling relief. You were afraid of what he would tell you after you disobeyed him.

You got out of that room and walked into your room and lay down in your bed feeling exhausted.

"And to think that I thought that the world's greatest detective would be so handsome and have all the girls he would want," you thought out loud. L wasn't who you expected him to be.

A smile appeared on your smile before you closed your eyes. Light-kun was on your mind. You really hoped he wasn't Kira, because if he was, there would be a problem.

L leaned in his chair staring at the computer in front of him. He had taken the opportunity of you leaving the apartment complex to put a camera in the room you would be staying in. The comment you made about him didn't affect him at all. There was no reason for it to hurt him.

He got an sugar cube from the sugar cube tower he created and placed it inside his mouth. Savoring the sweet. His eyes then travelled to the file next to the tower of sweetness.
The word Silence was written on the file. It was your file from Wammy's.

Roger's words began to replay in L's mind.
"Are you sure you want Silence?" L remembered Roger had asked him earlier in the week when L had taken the decision to involve one of the Wammy's students in the investigation. "Are you sure you don't want either Near or Mello. Or maybe both. They compliment each other and make up for each other's short comings."

"No no." L walked around the orphanage he used to attend. His eyes scanning for familiar faces. The few kids he grew up with were gone. Either ended up dead or as successful, chemists, artists, or engineers. "The one who helps me has to be a female."

"Linda is fourth in line and the first female close to succeed you," Roger suggested, but L shook his head in disagreement.

"I saw Linda's file. She's too careful and artistic. Kira would see right through her." L's eyes then landed on you. You were outside of your class. Not attending. Walking around. Maladaptive daydreaming. Thinking.
He knew in that moment who he would chose to help him in the case. You.

L was snapped back to reality. Your lack of obedience made him wondered if he had made a mistake.

~
You woke up in the morning. The sun was out and shining bright in your face. After showering and getting ready you walked out of your room into the huge apartment's living room.

You started to grab a cookie from the cookie jar but then felt a pair of eyes looking at you.

"Silence," you almost jumped as you made eye contact with L.
He was sitting on the couch in that weird position— his knees up to his chest.

"Good morning L," you forced a smile. "Did you sleep well?" And your own question made your smile real. Of course he didn't. He was an insomniac. You could tell by the bags under his eyes. You were so funny sometimes. You should drop out of Wammy's and join the circus.

"Your behavior yesterday was impermissible. From now on, you are only allowed to speak to Light-kun under my supervision. Failure to do so will bring consequences," L spoke. He tried to remain emotionless as possible, but it was hard. He was so close to proving Light Yagami was in fact Kira. You disobeying him upset him. He was not used to being disobeyed. Especially by a Wammy's student. If he was being honest, he expected unquestionably obedience and even for you to worship him. Everyone attending Wammy's school was mentalize to become his successor.

You mentally smirked. That's exactly what you wanted. For him to know that you weren't going to help in this case. You just wanted to go home- you didn't even have a home. You just wanted to live your life and when it was time to leave Wammy's to leave and have a beautiful life where you were free.

You looked back at L and caught him eyeing you down. You were wearing one of the new outfits you bought with your friend Misa. It was totally your style and didn't look professional . But then again, L didn't even look professional either so.

You watched him opened his mouth to say something. Probably something about your outfit, but members of the Kira task force loudly began coming in. Interrupting him.
You went to join the other men. You didn't care what L had to say either ways. You hoped L knew that.