33

You froze in your tracks as you heard that.

You quickly made eye contact with Mello who had just reached the bottom floor like you did. Fear written all over his face and yours.

"Don't write down his name, L." You began to beg. "Don't write anyone's name down."

"If you don't want me to write down anyone's name, then you will have to stay here with me."

You began to run up the stairs towards L, completely ignoring Mello's screams for you to not go to L.

As soon as you reached L, he quickly pulled you towards him. Gripping your arm too tight. Afraid that you would run away from him again.

Mello watched the scene in horror. He felt horrible. This was all his fault. If he hadn't been so selfish towards achieving his own goals, L wouldn't have you here. Mello should of just let you and Light Yagami escape when you two had the chance.

"Silence, get down here! Matt would be here with his car in no time!" Mello begged you.

"No Mello! L would write down all of our names down! Just leave and have a happy life for me!"

Mello couldn't believe your words. Were you really that self less that you would sacrifice your happiness to save others.

"Stop speaking nonsense! Just come here.... he's not a good person." Mello kept trying to convince you.

You looked at Mello then at L. L's grip on your arm was beginning to hurt you. You didn't like how your relationship with L became.

"Silence, you don't know what you're saying. I don't trust L. He might hurt you." Mello didn't want to leave you here. He couldn't respect your decision to be with L.

You turned to look at L and kissed him. Feeling his grip on your arm lose a bit due to the confusion.

"If I become more loving and obedient, would you promise not to sedate me or keep me locked in the room the whole time?" You asked L desperately hoping that he wouldn't.

"Of course Y/N. I don't enjoy hurting you, all I want is for you to love me." L told you and he was being sincere.

"You see Mello?" You turned to look at the explosive blond. At your friend, if you could even call him that.
"Everything will be okay between me and L. You can leave."

Mello looked at you two in shock. There was no doubt that you two were sick in the head.

L pulled you close to him and began to whisper in your ear. "I'm so sorry Y/N for the way that I've been treating you. I'm sorry I'm not good at expressing my emotions to you. I'll try to change for you." He began to whisper those enchanting yet manipulative words to you. He already knew what you wanted to hear. And if he tried, for sure you would love him again.

You forced a smile to what L said. It did bring you peace of mind and you hoped that L did change. This would be your new life.

"Alright. Can I at least say goodbye to my friend?" Mello spoke after a long silence.

L looked at Mello suspiciously, but he couldn't deny that request. L saying no to you and Mello saying goodbye would only prove that L wasn't trying to change his jealous ways.

L nodded and Mello patiently waited as you made your way down the stairs so you two could say goodbye.

You finally reached Mello and you felt him pull you into a hug. You stood there unsure if to hug him back. You were never close to Mello and you feared that hugging him back would anger L.

"I'll be okay, please leave Mello before L writes your name." You whisper in his ear.

"I can't leave you here. I'm sorry. I don't trust him," Mello's voice was a whisper like yours. He hugged you tighter not wanting to ever let you go.

"Forget about me. Good luck in life." You told him trying to break free.

Before you broke free from his grip, Mello kissed you.

You quickly pushed him away and turned to look at L.
L, the man who never showed any type of emotion, looked furious.

L quickly walked towards you two and pulled you towards him.

"I tried to give you a chance, Mihael." L said as he began to write on the death note.

"L please no!" You begged him trying to stop him, but he pushed you away causing you to fall face down on the floor.

"Silence, are you okay??" Mello helped you get up. "Fuck! You're bleeding from your nose."
Mello turned to look at L. "You said you would never hurt her!"

"Say goodbye to your friend, Y/N. The next time you'll see him is when you visit his grave!"

"Y/N leave! Wait for me outside!" Mello instructed you.

"No please!" Your attention was fully on L. "Please don't write Mello's name down!!"

"Y/N!!!" Mello shook you. "Wait outside! I don't want you to see this."

"No Mello! He's going to kill you!" You were in a panic state. Mello was going to die, and L would become a murderer.

"I'm sorry about this Y/N." Mello's voice became more calm. "But I have to....I hope it works..."

You looked up and saw Mello aiming a gun to L. His hand shaking.

"Mello wait-" you couldn't even finish your sentence before a loud gunshot penetrated your ears.

Mello shot L before L could finish writing Mello's full name down.

"Mello no!!! How could you!!!" You ran to L's side and began to cry.

"L are you okay??" You got on your knees next to his bleeding body. "Are you okay!"

"Y/N.....I'm sorry for hurting you. I love you so much......" L began as his eyes began to close. "But I know that you don't love me......"

"No L!" Words escaped your mouth . "I do love you. I really do...."
But his eyes had already closed.

"Mello whats wrong with you??!!" You walked up to Mello and attempted to slap him.

Before you could, he caught your hand.

"I'm going to die because of you!!" You screamed at him. "Why would you kill L!"

"You're not going to die because the papers you signed earlier today were you getting married to me." Mello attempted to calmly explain to you in your distraught state. "We are married by the law. You legally have my last name now. You won't die because he didn't write your name followed by my last name."

"Hey guys sorry I'm late.....oh god." Matt trailed off as he entered the apartment and his eyes landed on L's bleeding body. "What happened here?"

"L had the death note. He almost wrote my name and the sicko had written her birth name along with his." Mello said walking towards Matt.

Matt put his hand on your shoulder. "Don't worry, S. No one will ever force you to be with them against your will ever again." Matt tried to comfort you. "Now let's go home."

Matt's words were comforting.....at least kinder and gentler than Mello's. But your attention was fully on L.
The world's greatest detective....the only man who loved you so much enough to kill himself and you. Well that man was dead.