24

You sat the next morning waiting. Waiting for L to give you permission to go with Light. You were so upset about the conversation you had with L. You didn't like his plan. You didn't want to get used like that.
It was different now. After what happened the day before, you knew you liked L, and didn't want anything to do with Light.

You wore a revealing yet fashionable outfit, that you made out of your new wardrobe, in hopes of L seeing you and changing his mind about having you close to Light. You didn't want to risk your life if Light Yagami was Kira. Which you doubted he was.

"Use the script I wrote you last night to try to get some information out of Light. As soon as he says or does something suspicious, come back and tell me," L said as he ran his fingers through your locks, down to your neck, and upper back causing you to get goosebumps.

You got lost in his black eyes not even noticing that he attached a small microphone on your back to be able to hear the conversation you had with anyone as soon as you exited the building.

"Now I know that you are my true successor." He whispered in your ear.
You nodded. You already knew that.

~~~~
You arrived to Light's house and stood in front of it. Unable to take another step. You were nervous. It would be weird to see him again after what happened the day before.

You finally gathered the courage and knocked on the door. Petrified that it would be Mr. Soichiro Yagami answering, but it wasn't. It was Light's mom. A sweet and smiling lady who let you inside the house in the first 5 seconds she saw you and pointed you to Light's room.

You walked alone up the creaking stairs. Rehearsing the phrases of the script L wrote you the night before. You can't believe you were actually helping this time. You couldn't believe that your loyalty had shifted from blindly believing that Light was innocent to wanting to help L.

You suddenly stopped on your tracks as you heard mumbling. Without the creaking you could hear sentences. A man talking. Light.
"What do you think of that L????!!!!"

What.....was Light talking to himself? His sentence was then followed by a maniacal laughter.
Okay..... was that enough evidence to prove that he was Kira?

You began to head downstairs but the door to Light's room abruptly opened.

"Y/N??! What are you doing here??" Light looked at you shock. Anxiety written all over his face.

"I-" you began to stuttered completely forgetting the script.

"Are you okay? Did your uncle hurt you?" Light asked you. He had been worried sick for you so much that the night before he couldn't sleep.

"He-" You stopped yourself from saying that L was not your uncle. You did not know what to say. You completely forgot the script due to not practicing it enough. You knew you should had practiced it and now you regretted it. "I better leave."

Light pulled you inside his room. Your heart began to beat fast as he closed the door to have more privacy.

"You can't leave," Light finally said when it was both of you alone.

"Look, an accident happen and now I'm under my uncle's guardianship. But when I turn 18 I will run away from my uncle," you began your script but got interrupted.

"There was no way she didn't hear you, Light-Kun. You are a drama queen sometimes," Ryuk commented.
"I know you heard me, Y/N." Light said.

Your eyes widened. You wanted to run away but Light was blocking the exit.
"What do you mean..."

"I am Kira."

All your dreams came crushing down, and you stomach knotted. Even your balance was lost. If you weren't casually leaning against his bedroom wall you would have fallen. Light-kun was Kira. L was right all along. You were sick in the head. Sick to your stomach. How could you have fantasized so much over a murderer? L needed to know that Light was Kira so that he could go to jail.
It would hurt you saying goodbye to your Prince Charming but you still had L. L was a good kisser and you liked the nice things he whispered in your ear when he was alone with you.

You were a Wammy's student but you were only human. And upon Light telling you that, your human instinct kicked in. You stupidly ran towards the door, despite Light blocking the way. He quickly grabbed you, stopping you from leaving.

"How could you have lied to us, Light-kun! How could you have lied to me??!" You were sick to your stomach having engaged in conversations with a serial killer. With a mere man who played God.

"Stop screaming, Y/N." Light covered your mouth to prevent his mother and younger sister from hearing your screams of distress. "What would you have done if I had told you the truth the day that I met you? Tell L?"

You stopped struggling and thought about his question. Maybe you wouldn't have cared. Back then, you didn't even like L or wanted to be there.

You began to look around Light's room. Trying to think of an escape plan. Suddenly your eyes landed on a piece of furniture. A wooden wardrobe a few feet away from you. You could pretend to 'hit your head' so he could leave you alone.

You've done it before. Once at Wammy's when you made Mello angry, he chased you down and you pretended to hit your head on the edge of a piece of furniture so that he could leave you alone. And it worked. So you prayed to God, any God except for Kira, for it to work again. Pray to God that when your head hit against the furniture, it wouldn't kill you.

You elbowed Light on his stomach causing him to let go of you. Then you pretended to trip and felt an immense pain on the right side of your forehead and shoulder as your body hit against the hard wooden furniture.

The pain radiated throughout your body, making it hard to think, as your only instinct at the moment was to cry in pain. Should you play dead?
No. Light was too fast for you.

He quickly picked you up on his strong arms and ran down the stairs carrying you.

"Mom!!" His screams caused your head to hurt more and you flinched having your eyes close. "Mom, Y/N fell! She hit her head and is bleeding!"

You felt Light sit you up on the couch as you heard his mom rushing from the kitchen. Your eyes opened wide as you felt Light dig his nails on your right arm. Perhaps as an attempt to keep you sitting up, or as an attempt to confirm if you were still alive.

"Oh honey, are you okay?" Light's kind mother pressed a packet of cold ice on the side of your forehead. You flinched at the pain the cold and the gentle pressure caused your wound. Maybe you overreacted by literally hitting your head on purpose.

Suddenly your eyes met with Light's brown eyes. "Do you know your name?" He asked.

Author's Note
Thank you for 2K!! Let me know if you are liking the story lol