27

You silently sat on the couch for an hour as you watched Light, Matt and Misa drink alcoholic beverages that Mello had prepared. The sun had already set and you wanted to go with L already. He must be worried sick for you.

"Spin the bottle," you heard Matt tell Misa.

"It's literally only the two of us playing," Misa eyed him down cruelly.

"Spin the fucking bottle," now Matt pointed his gun at her while Light was passed out drunk in the couch.

You stopped watching them as you felt Mello aggressively grabbed you by your arm and pulled you outside with him.

"What the fuck is your problem??!" He asked you as he pinned you against the wall. "You have shit in your brain or something??!"

"Mello-" You began.

"Shut up, S! L is your uncle and he was abusing you....really? You want to know what that drunk college student said right now when you went to the restroom? That you and L kissed yesterday!"

"Mello-" You started again getting scared at how mad Mello sounded and looked.

"Are you sick in the head? Sicko. You fall in love with the first man who turns your way?!"

You slapped Mello hard. Before he could slap you back, you kissed him and he stood there shock at your action.

You pulled away thinking. It didn't feel the same. You didn't feel the same way you felt whenever you kissed L.
What you felt for L was stronger....more emotional. Not just kissing.

Mello stood looking at you confused but then he kissed you again. His fingers played with your locks.
"Are you okay Y/N? Did he hurt you?"

You stayed quiet for a second. Mello's personality completely changed from one second to the next.

"Did L hurt you?" Mello repeated his question as you two made eye contact again.

"No....are you okay?" You asked him.
This was the nicest conversation you had with Mello.

"No.... I mean yeah. Now that we're all out of that awful orphanage I feel so much better. I cannot believe that they brainwashed us to believe that L was a good person. He tried to kill Matt and I!"

"He threatened me too," you said and Mello grabbed both of your hands.

"I'm sorry about what happened back at Wammy's. About the way I treated you, I mean. I know I was never nice to you. I was just so brainwashed about seeing L as my hero and saw everyone as my competition," Mello apologized profusely.

You accepted his apology. It wasn't his fault that the orphanage was actually a factory for the perfect successor for L. Although you still loved L, you believed Mello's words. L was capable of killing whoever got in his way.

Mello leaned towards you to kiss you again, but you pushed him away as you spotted a suspicious black car parked in front of the house.

"A car parked in front of the house," you whispered to him.

Mello began walking towards the car, but you stopped him. "No what are you doing? Don't go it's suspicious!"

"Shut up, S. Go inside and I'll be back," Mello told you, and surprisingly you obeyed.

You went inside and saw Light was still passed out on the couch and Matt was flirting with Misa..... and she surprisingly seemed to like the attention and flattering comments. Ugh, Matt is such a fan boy.

"S, go ahead and go upstairs and go to Mello's room. Mello would be with you shortly," Matt winked like if he was trying to set you two up and he was proud to be Cupid.

You went upstairs and lay down on Mello's bed feeling very worried. You literally wouldn't be able to return to L tonight.