13

Light Yagami stood next to the door. His father entering behind him. Both were dressed in casual clothes. Like if they had just arrived from somewhere. From a vacation.

You started to get up to walk towards Light, but L's firm grip on your wrist prevented you from walking towards them.
You sat back down next to L.
L didn't want you to go Light. You had to listen to L. You owed him your life.

~
For hours your eyes landed on Light. And to your surprised, he looked back at you every time. However, you didn't keep the eye contact for long.

Lots of questions crossed your mind. Why was Light here if in his letter he stated he was leaving?
Why did L allowed him inside if he suspects that Light is Kira?

"Y/N, could you please come with me?" L woke you up from your thoughts. He had been talking to you every time you started to get lost in your thoughts. It was as if L didn't want you to think.

You nodded and followed him to another room. A room where both of you were alone.

"Y/N, you can go ahead and call Roger. I can see what Mello and Matt said to you truly disturbed you," L dialed a number on his cellphone and offered you the phone.

He watched as you took the phone and began to whisper something to it. However, L didn't care if you didn't want him to hear what you were saying. Everything was going according to his plan.

L was able to hire a voice actor to talk to you on the phone and pretend to be Roger speaking to you. Assuring you that everything was okay.
Lying to you.

L was also able to talk to Roger too. But not about you. About Mello and Matt. Manipulating Roger into believing that Mello and Matt were trying to track L down and L couldn't have people who didn't respect his decision for privacy and anonymity as successors.

L disqualified Mello and Matt from the race. He wanted to make it clear to those two to stay away from you or there would be consequences.
In the next attempt Mello and Matt did to talk to you, L would send them to a detention facility. Lie about some crime that they committed. After all, who would the police believe? Two problematic orphans or the world's greatest detective?

"L" you spoke as you hung up the phone. Feeling dumb for believing for a second what Mello and Matt told you. "Why is Light here?"

"Light-kun has been under surveillance along with his father. I had to let them free as there is no proof that they are Kira," L began lying to you again. "However, please refrain from speaking to Light-kun, Y/N. I am so close to proving that he is really Kira and I don't want anyone to interfere. I wouldn't like for you to prove you're not kira's accomplice in a jail cell. Would you?"

You quickly shook your head. "I wouldn't want that either Ryuzaki, I mean L!" You quickly said. You rather be here than in a jail cell. L was very kind to let you be in here.

L faintly smiled at your response. He was hoping you said that. He wouldn't like to be away from you. He really enjoyed these past few days he spent with you. He loved everything about you. He didn't care if you two hardly talked. He was happy with your company. He was happy with watching you eat, sleep, and think.

"Thank you for believing that I am not Kira's accomplice. I hope that the police can believe me too," you said hugging L.

L rubbed your back as you hugged him. He wasn't delusional. He knew that you couldn't fall in love with him in a few days, but with time you would. The result was all that mattered. You would love him soon.