29

You and Light ran towards a bus stop. Both holding into each other and your mind racing.

"Light-kun wait! What about Matt and Mello" you began trying to keep up with Kira who only ran and answered none of your questions.

He ignored you and kept running, pulling you along with him by your wrists.

"Light stop!" You freed yourself from his grip and came to a stop. You felt his stare as you tried to catch your breathe and your eyes scanned the fresh bruised he made by pulling you by your arms and wrists while you two ran.

"What is your problem? Where are we going?" You finally made eye contact with his brown eyes.

"We need to leave, Y/N," Light sounded dead serious. His eyes also scanned the surroundings as if waiting for someone.

"Where are you guys going??" You turned around and saw Matt, Mello, and Misa walking towards both of you.

Mello was carrying his gun in plain view while Matt seemed as relaxed as always with his arm wrapped around Misa's neck like if she was his property.

You turned to look at Light waiting to see if he wanted to speak for you.

Light rolled his eyes feeling annoyed that he got caught running away again. He had no used for Matt and Mello as they couldn't provide him with L's real name. As for Misa, Light really didn't like her. She was only useful to him because of her death note and her shinigami eyes. Now that she gave away her death note to him and forgot all of her memories, she was no use to him.
Light wished you were more obedient, though. You two were so close to a bus stop to leave this awful place and yet again there were people in his way.

You watched as Light walked towards Mello, Matt, and Misa Misa. Light-kun stood in front of you as protecting you from them. "Oh hey guys. We were about to call you-" he began with his manipulative, yet believable, lies. But he came to a stop.

You took a step back as the loud sound of a gun shot penetrated your ears. Deafened you.
"Oh my god." You wiped away the red blood that splattered all over your eyes, face, and hair. "Oh my god."

Misa's blood curdling scream woke you up from your shock like state. "Shut up bitch!" You heard Mello yelled but you weren't sure if he was telling you or Misa.

"Move along!!" Next thing you knew Mello was pulling you by your hair and had his hand gun pressed against your head

"Please don't shoot me," you managed to whispered. You were struggling to talk. You were struggling to walk. Your legs kept shaking and your eyes were glued to Light's body on the floor. Blood all over the sidewalk concrete, his elegant long sleeve shirt and khaki pants. His blood all over your outfit, face, and hair.

"Light!!!!" You turned to look at Misa who was on her knees next to Kira's lifeless body. Her hands and blonde hair were covered with Light's crimson blood.

"Get up, sweety." You watched as Matt grabbed her arms and picked her up to her feet as she cried loudly.
You desperately wish it was Matt comforting you instead of the explosive blonde. You wanted Matt to guide you with his comforting voice instead of Mello forcefully dragging you by your hair with his gun pressed against your head.

"Mello why??!!" You cried to him as he shoved you inside Matt's black camaro and sat next to you. "Why did you shoot him?!!!" You couldn't believe this was happening. This was all your fault. You should of ran away with Light when he told you to instead of doing your dumb ass "let me comfront L" act. Maybe Light would still be alive if you weren't so dumb and difficult.

You cried all the car ride. Your only comfort was Matt's comforting words. Not to you but to Misa. Matt drove the car with one hand and with his free hand he cleaned Misa's black eyeliner that got all over her rosy cheeks. "It's okay princess," Matt told her. "I will make sure you don't get punished by the law by being his accomplice. You're my little princess. I won't let anything happen to you." Matt comforted Misa but you desperately imagined that he was telling you. However, the horrible feeling you felt in your stomach didn't fade. This was all your fault. Light died because of you.

You turned to look at Mello once Matt parked his car in front of L's apartment but he avoided your eyes. Instead, Mello got out of the car along with Matt and Misa.

Seeing that Matt took his car key with him, your only opportunity for escape was to run. You opened your door and ran away for your life, but fell on the floor as Mello pulled you from your hair to prevent you from running away.

"Mello please!" You cried. Shaking because your Prince Charming was shot and killed in front of you. Shaking because the moment you left L's apartment earlier that day you became Kira's accomplice.

"Stop struggling!" Mello forced you to your feet.

"We'll wait for you two inside. Misa needs to go to the restroom." Matt calmly said as he and Misa began to walk inside L's luxurious apartment building.

"Mello why?!" You finally faced him. "Why did you kill Light-kun! I thought we were all on Kira's side!"

"He was Kira! What did you expect us to do??" Mello asked you.

"But you said that L was a freak! That he was a bad person! I thought you were on our side! What made you change your mind all of a sudden? Everything you told me that night that we were outside. When you kissed me..." you trailed off and Mello's blue eyes reveal a hint of concern and remorse.
Suddenly you stopped. His eyes revealed the answer to all of your questions.
"The car you walked towards to that night," you stopped struggling and Mello grabbed your hands.

"Silence, I'm really sorry," Mello began. He truly did feel horrible.

"Who was in that car? What did they tell you?" You asked him.

"It was an older gentleman who called himself Wammy. He said he was the founder of Wammy's School and Orphanage for the gifted. Inside the car....there was a man who claimed to be L. He knew everything about me," Mello admitted.

"What did they tell you?" You asked him. Mello looked away avoiding your eyes. Too ashamed to look at you. "Mello, just tell me!"

"They told me that if I help capture Kira...I have a higher opportunity to become L's next successor," Mello admitted quickly.

"Oh my god," You looked away not being able to believe it. Mello was a traitor.

"I'm sorry S," Mello apologized again. But you refused to look at him. "You know how much this means to me. I dedicated my whole life to become the next L. Nothing comes between me and my plans."

You didn't say anything. You didn't think you could forgive Mello. You were so upset and felt betrayed. Too numb to fight Mello off so you let him take you inside L's apartment.