23

You and L stared at each other shock as Matsuda mumbled an apology and rushed out of the room.

L quickly let go of you and began to walk after Matsuda as you nervously rushed behind L.

"L, what are we going to do??" You were full panic mode on. Matsuda caught you two kissing. He wasn't supposed to catch L and you kissing. No one was. You regretted not following L's script from day one. Now everyone believed that you were his niece and the image of you and your "family member " kissing....that wasn't good.

"Y/N!" L snapped at you. "Just go to your room!"

You quickly nodded but before you could run and lock yourself in your room, Light came rushing to both of you.

"You sick bastard!" Light slammed L against the wall. Light's hands on L's collar. "How sick are you?! She's your niece!"

"Light wait!" Your chill, careless personality failed you. You felt desperate and were holding back tears at the sight of L being hurt by Light. Why was it hurting you?

"You don't know anything, Yagami," and before L could hurt Light back, Mr. Soichiro Yagami came running. Out of breathe. Holding back L from hurting his perfect son.

"The police are on their way, L!" Light told L. Taking a step away from the weird detective as his father restrained L.

Light's eyes then met with yours.

"Y/N...." his eyes showed pure concerned. Like if something tragic just happened to you and he couldn't help but feel sorry for you.

But what was so tragic that happened to you? You couldn't understand. All you and L did was kissed.
It was okay, you kind of liked the older detective and he wasn't really your family. Light needed to know this so he could just leave L alone. You wanted them to leave L alone.

"Light-kun it's not what you think," you began, determined to tell the truth for once. To tell them that L wasn't your uncle so that they could leave you two alone.

"It's okay Y/N. it's not your fault." Light grabbed your shoulders and somehow his words made you want to cry even more.

And as Light pulled you away to a different room, away from L, your eyes were glued on L.
The older detective stared back at you. He wasn't even struggling from Mr. Soichiro Yagami's grip. He stared back at you. As if, out of all this situation, the fact that Light was talking to you angered him the most.

"Y/N..." Light took you to another room and sat you on a chair. Matsuda stood a few feet away from you two. Pacing as he talked on the phone.

"It's okay Y/N" Light assured you and he stroke your locks as you cried.

"The police are on their way," Matsuda said before he hung up. He seemed as distressed as you were.

"It's not what you guys think," you tried to explain but stopped. What if L got angry at you for saying you were from Wammy's and were here to basically get information from Light. To prove Light was Kira.

Light hugged you as you watched police officers arrive inside the apartment and walk to the room L and Mr. Soichiro Yagami were in.

~~
After a few minutes of talking to the police, L was able to successfully manipulate the situation. He always knew the right things to say. He wasn't your family member. He showed fake documentation of your name being Sarah, being 18, and being a college intern. Fake documents, dumb cops.

As soon as the cops were out of the room, you rushed in and hugged L.

"L," you hugged him and even kissed him.

"Y/N..." L froze in confusion as he was always the one who initiated the kissing. Never you.

"I was so worried for you..." you began. Being honest with him. And he knew that. He knew that finally you were revealing yourself to him. No more fake smiles. Now you had feelings for him.

"What did Light say to you?" L asked. That was all he cared about. He knew Light's motives. To get close to you to get to L. But L was starting to suspect that Light was actually in love with you. Which would be a problem. L was very possessive.

"I don't remember. Sorry..." you began and L grabbed your jaw forcing you to look at him. Trying to find if you were being honest by looking at your eyes. But all he got in returned was your confused, even frightened face.

"Did you tell them the truth?" He asked you.

"No," You nodded. "I wanted to. I really did. I didn't want them to think you were a sicko, but I stopped myself. I was afraid that telling them that I am from Wammy's and I am here to spy on Light would cause you more problems."

L smiled. "You're such a good girl."
You kissed him again, but he pulled away.

"Light isn't a good person. He will try to tear us apart now," L began and watched you began to put your thumb in your mouth. Something the majority of humans did when they were in distressed and were trying to find comfort. This was just the reaction that he wanted to get from you.

"We could go somewhere else. Where they don't know who we are," You began. You were good at finding solutions. Plus, it would be a great opportunity to leave this awful town and go somewhere else.

"He would find us, and try to tear us apart again." His eyes met with yours, but there was something about them that made you feel uncomfortable. Uncomfortable enough to break the stare and look away.

"Well what should we do then?" You thought out loud. You weren't expecting an answer from L. You just wanted to think.

"I want to rehire you." L had made a decision. He was tired of Light getting in the way and was determined to have him executed. "I want you to continue working for me. I want you to help me prove Light guilty once in for all."