28

You fell asleep and Mello never went to you. Not like you were waiting for him.

When you got up, you walked downstairs and everyone was already awake.
The once flirty couple, Misa and Matt, were now serious. Matt concentrated in his gameboy and Misa siting next to Light. Hugging him. Completely ignoring the redhead.

The once drunk college student, Light-kun, was now well groomed and sitting on the couch. His eyes literally on you as if waiting for you.

The once romantic Mello sat on a different couch and eye you down cruelly. Judging you for waking up later than everyone. Judging you for being yourself.

"Y/N," Light quickly walked up to you and grabbed your hand. "Sit down, I need to confess something."

You sat down next to Misa feeling a bit uncomfortable and confused.

"Y/N, I am Kira." Light dramatically confessed. Yeah, you already knew that. But is Light really confessing in front of everyone. You looked around and nobody seemed surprised. Why isn't anyone surprised?

"Why do you keep looking at me?" Mello called you out cruelly. Yikes! It was hard to believe that the night before Mello kissed you after you kissed him.

"Light-kun told us a few hours ago. You were still asleep, sleepyhead," Matt told you not looking up from his gameboy. As if he knew that you were confused about Light confessing in front of everyone.

"The plan is to runaway...at least for now." Mello began to look something up in his computer.

"Great. Y/N and I will go buy some food," Light quickly grabbed your arm and pulled you up to your feet. He needed to get out of there. Matt and Mello nodded not really caring and Misa surprisingly didn't tag along.

"Light-kun....I need to go confront L," you lied to him.

"No Y/N. Let's just leave. The two of us," Light said. This was his chance.

"Please," you begged. You didn't really want to confront L. You loved L and now you knew that Light was Kira. You did a good job finding that out. You would tell L when you see him and Light would be arrested. Nobody is above the law.

"Okay," Light gave in feeling wary of the situation. But he loved you so much and he wasn't really worried about anything too much because he is Kira. Nobody could hurt you or him.

~~~~~~

As soon as you arrived to L's apartment you rushed up the stairs with the excuse of "I need to get my clothes and some other things". All lies. You wanted to see L. Your true love.

You left Light behind and rushed to your room.

"L....my love," your heart fluttered as you saw him sitting in your bed, waiting for you. He waited all night for your return. "I did what you told me to do."

Your heart began racing as he got up from your bed and began walking to you. You missed him. You didn't see him all day and night after he sent you to go talk to Light.

L finally stood in front of you. Both of you staring at each other as if you two were the only people on Earth. You could get lost in his eyes forever.

Suddenly he slapped you hard across your face, waking you up from your thoughts.

You held the side of the face he slapped you on and stared at the floor not daring to look up.
"Why did you hit me?" you began and held back your tears.

He forcefully grabbed your jaw, forcing you to look at him.

"I sent you to get information, not to be flirting around." His voice was threatening and his eyes burned right through you.

"I wasn't-" you quickly lied. You were nothing but a liar.

He reached for your shirt and removed a small hidden microphone from it.

You began to mentally freak out trying to remember everything you said. L heard everything you said. L heard when you kissed Mello. Oh no.

Now you looked away. You couldn't meet his gaze.

"I made it very clear to you that you're mine," his hands travelled to your neck. He began chocking you.

And with tears in your eyes you realized that you still adored him with his hands around your neck.

"L please.... I love you," you struggle to say as you felt the air leave your body. But he didn't stop. Next thing you knew you were laying on the bed. Unable to move, beginning to see black with L on top of you. His hands still around your neck.

"Leave her alone!" You were finally able to breathe and Light took L off of you.

You lay there on the bed trying to catch your breath while Light and L fought each other. Tears escaping your eyes as your life had just flashed in front of your eyes. The man you loved almost killed you. You've made a decision.

"We're done!" You got up and both of them stopped fighting and looked at you. "We are over. I am leaving you!" You pulled Light towards you and held his hand. "Me and Light are together. We are over, L."

Light looked at you confused but L got your message.

"I didn't expect you to side with the number one suspect," L confessed trying really hard to hide the emotions he was feeling.

"Ryuzaki, I tried my best to prove to you that I am not Kira. That I am innocent. But I cannot anymore. Nothing will convince you. However, do keep in mind that I would never hurt Y/N. Your niece," Light told L.

L turned to look at you. Expecting you to change your mind and run to his arms.
But you didn't. Instead you lifted your face up in pride and tighten your grip on Light Yagami's hand. You chose Light. You chose Kira.
"I understand, Silence." L calmly spoke, and it pained you that L called you by your Wammy's name and not your real name. "If he makes you happy, go with him."

You felt Light squeeze your hand and began walking out of the room. You kept up with Light, but were desperately hoping that L would stop you. He didn't though. You walked outside the apartment holding Light's hand. It hurt you the way L treated you sometimes. The way he hit you and threatened you.
You were determined to forget about L and live your new life with Kira.