21

The next morning you tried to act mysterious. Starting off by not going out of your room until 9:00AM. That's the time Light usually would arrived.

You didn't want to be alone with L. You didn't want to talk to L. It was weird. Thinking about it, what happened the night before was weird. He was a weirdo. You shouldn't be obsessing over the world's greatest detective that much.

You put together a fashionable outfit with the new wardrobe L bought you.

You walked to the living room not even looking at the direction L was. But out of the corner of your eye, you could tell he wasn't looking at you either.

Why is he acting like I don't exist after the way he kissed me last night, you thought. His actions confused you. Was he that shy? Or maybe he was just straight up weird.

After the first time he kissed you, he ignored you for days until last night. Was the same thing going to happen again? You didn't want that to happen.
Not that you liked kissing L. His kissing was weird but a kiss was a kiss.

"Hi Light-kun!" You walked over to Light. The liar, cheater, and possibly Kira. Well, he's not Kira. You hoped he wasn't.
Hopefully this catches your attention L, you thought.

"Y/N! Hi...."Light sounded so surprised and happy that you were talking to him. You hadn't talked to him since you found out he was dating Misa Misa and he begged you not to 'end things' with him even though you guys weren't even dating lol.

You sat on his lap like you always saw Misa do. Good thing Misa wasn't here right now.

"How you been?" You forced a smile, but mentally your mind was on L. Is he going to see? Is he going to turn to look at you? He always did so why isn't he today?

"Y/N" Light suddenly moved his chair so that you two could both be giving L your back. Light grabbed your chin and his eyes scanned your face. Like if he was looking for something.

"What are you looking for?" You asked him confused.

"Last week your uncle called my father. He said that he suspects that I hit you....that we were in an abusive  relationship," Light's soft whispers paused as his eyes landed on the spot L had slapped you on a week ago. "You have a fading bruise. Who's been hitting you?"

This wasn't going as you expected so you got up and walked towards the kitchen.
All you wanted was to flirt with Light a little to get L's attention. Not for Light to ask you who was hitting you. The answer was obvious.

You got a glass of water and when you turned around L was standing in front of you. Literally his face was inches away from yours.

You made eye contact with his dark eyes forgetting the fact that you swore to never make eye contact with anyone again. He was really tall, taller than you despite the fact that he was always slightly slouching. He began to lean towards you and you gripped your cup of water tighter holding your smile back.

Why do I want to smile so bad? He is so weird, you thought.

You stood there in place as you patiently waited for him to kiss you. You expected a rough, aggressive-driven kiss but instead his lips just pressed against yours. A soft, sweet, gentle peck on your lips.
And as quick as he kissed you, as quick as he pulled away. He quickly pulled away from you. Even taking a step away from you. His eyes looking at you. Looking for your approval.

But instead, you quickly tossed the water you were drinking at his face. Because you were nervous, scared, angry, for fun, because you were a bad person. Whatever was your reason, you did it and it caused a smile on your face. Seeing his hair and face soaked in the water that you threw at him caused you so much joy. A real smile. You didn't want to accept what you were starting to feel. That you were trying to provoke him. Get a kiss from him. This was a game to you. A game that you were looking forward since last night's kiss.

You expected him to say something, to kiss you again....but he didn't. Instead he looked at you. A hint of sadness reflected on his eyes. However, you weren't sure because he quickly looked away. Walked away from you without saying a word or looking back. And for the rest of the day, L didn't look at you.

~
L sat on the living room in front of a computer screen at the early hours of the night. Everyone sleeping except for him.

The bright computer screen displayed an open text message conversation with the investigator Naomi Misora. L really enjoyed talking to the brunette investigator. She was kind, serious, and very smart. The only woman L could hold a conversation with.
L thought you were very smart too. You were a Wammy's student after all, but you were a liar. You lied about your age, name, your relationship with him. You never took anything seriously. And you were a bully. L knew that bullying was a rising issue among students at Wammy's, but he never imagined, not in a million years, that he would be a victim of bullying.
And what you did that afternoon, throw water at his face, that was bullying. He believed that he deserved it for threatening you weeks ago, but throwing water at his face.....that was too mean.

His heart enlightened at Naomi's fast reply. L believed that you would never fall in love with him. And he couldn't force you, not anymore. Not after you hug and smile at all the Kira Task Force members except for him. All your smiles for L were fake. Eye him cruelly when you thought he wasn't watching. Talked shit behind his back in perfect Japanese with other members when you thought he couldn't understand certain Japanese words. Insults. Call him weird when you thought he wasn't around. L knew there was a 0% chance of you loving him so he had to get rid of you. Accuse you of a crime and send you to a juvenile facility. Kill you maybe.

L stared at the screen. Naomi Misora would get married in a few days to her fiancé Raye Penber. Maybe if L acted now, he could actually make a move on Naomi. Things didn't work out with you, but maybe with Ms. Misora they could. Unless she thought he was a freak like you did.

"L...." he looked up at the sound of his name and met with your eyes.

He felt you sit on top of him. The way Misa sat on Light's lap. The way you sat on Light's lap earlier today.

Neither said anything and L's right hand travelled to the back of your neck. Pushing your face towards him.

"Y/N, don't look at me like that," he whispered. He knew you had purposely avoided eye contact with him all these days. But now that you were looking at him. Your attention fully on him. He couldn't help but tremble at your stare.

"Or what?" You challenged him. A smile appearing on your face. Real smile, not one of those fake smiles you always gave the weirdo.
L couldn't resist your real smile.

"You finally smile at me," he whispered as he pushed your head with his hand towards him and kissed you roughly. Completely forgetting about Naomi Misora.