1

August 1989

"Lexie come here please!" My father, Remus Lupin called from downstairs.
I had barely woken up when I heard him call my name. I slowly got out of my bed and walked down the stairs into the living room.

Dad was holding the mail.
Why did he need me if he was just looking at the mail? I thought to myself.
"This is for you" He smiled, he looked extremely giddy.
What is happening?

Miss. A. Lupin

First bedroom of the second floor
12 Grimmauld Place
London Borough of Islington

It was definitely for me. I looked at the seal on the front. It was from Hogwarts, dad had been teaching there for years. I opened the letter eagerly, already anticipating what it would say.

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of merlin, First class, Grand Sorc., Chief Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Miss.Lupin,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Students will be required to report to the Chamber of Reception upon arrival. Please find an enclosed list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins September 1st 1989. We await your owl no later than July 31st. To avoid detection by Muggles, please use entrance located at Kings Cross Station, Downtown London, on platform 9 3/4. We look forward to having you at our school.

Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

"I'm going to Hogwarts!" I said, full of excitement.
"I'm so proud of you" Dad said, smiling and pulling me into a bone crushing hug.
"We'll need to go to Diagon Alley later this month" He smiled.
"Can we go with the Weasley's?" I asked, excited at the thought of seeing my friends. He nodded and sat me down at the table for breakfast.

I had gone to the Weasley's sometimes once a month when there was a full moon. If I wasn't going to the Weasley's, I would go to the Potter's. James and Lily had a son named Harry, He wouldn't be going to Hogwarts for a couple years.

Dad was a werewolf. He's an amazing person, and loves me more than anyone ever will. Just because he's a werewolf doesn't mean he's nasty and scary like the stories people tell. I hate people who believe in werewolf prejudice.

***

Dad and I had gone to Diagon Alley with the Weasley's later that week. Three of the Weasley boys were going to Hogwarts as well. Percy was in his third year, while Fred and George would be starting first year just like me.

We had gotten our books, quills, and cauldrons before we went to get out wands. Ollivander had pulled me up first. I hated having all the attention on me. It made me very uncomfortable.

He gave me a wand to try, I had given it a little wave when something caught on fire. Luckily Dad had put it out almost instantly.
"Well, someone's got a little affinity with fire" Dad sighed.

Ollivander handed me another wand to try. This time, when I waved it, Water shot out of the tip of the wand and it wouldn't stop.
"I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed, realizing that I had covered most of the floor with water. Fred and George were trying not to laugh behind me.
"It's no problem, easy fix" Ollivander had vanished the water with the flick of his wand.