14) Our Little Sis

JOEY'S POV
It's hard being around with Aliyah.....guys keep on ogling when she passes by. It's irritating. She really needs extra protection. But no worries, Jakob and I swore that we will always be here for her.

We've always wondered what it'll be like to have a sister. Can't believe that it'll be like this - being overprotective and all.

Aliyah is a good gal. She's one of us now. We have so much in common like making music, playing video games, and even this - watching movies. I wish she was my sister. She's the sister that we never had.

***

After the movie, Jakob and I decided to take her to the lookout. When we got there, the three of us sat on the car's hood with Aliyah in the middle and enjoyed the view.

"I like going to places like these," she said. "Especially during the night."

Aliyah rested her head on the windshield. A tear trickled down her cheek.

"Why are you crying?" Jakob asked. Aliyah scoffed to herself and wiped off the tear. "I'm so frickin emotional I fucking hate it."

"Hey," I coaxed. "It's fine by me."
"By US," Jakob added.

"I'm just happy to have brothers like you," Aliyah looked at us both. "I'm happy to have a family like you."

***

As we enjoyed the view, I found Aliyah sleeping on Jakob's shoulder with dried up tears on her cheeks.

"Psst," I whispered to Jakob, "should we get going now?"

"I guess so," he checked his watch. "It's already 8:30. We better head home."

I managed to carry Aliyah back to the car. I put her on the back seat. She slept peacefully. As much as I wanted to watch her sleep, I can't. Mom and dad would worry about us.

Jakob rode shotgun while I hopped onto the driver's seat.

***

We got home by 9. I parked the car in the garage and carried Aliyah to her room. I wouldn't want to wake her up from her sleep so I decided to.

I lay her down on her bed and put a blanket over her. I brushed her hair aside and planted a tender kiss on her forehead.

I noticed that she was still wearing a gold, heart-shaped locket so I decided to take it off and set it down on her bedside table.

"Night, lil' sis." I whispered. I know she won't be able to hear me but still...
I turned off the lights and shut the door.