29) Highway to Hell

I woke up in a car...and it was moving. I opened my eyes.
This wasn't just any car, it's my dad's.
Fuck!

I gasped and scanned my surroundings. Mom faced me with a disappointed look in her eyes.
"Aliyah?"

"Get me out of here!" I shrilled. "Where are we going?!"

"Shut the fuck up!" Dad bellowed. "We're gonna get you home! And when we do, you're dead!"

I sobbed. I've gone too far. I can't simply give up now.

I checked my pocket and was glad to find my phone.
I 'shut the fuck up' as my dad ordered me to and started to think of how to get out of this mess.

I texted Billie:
Billie I'm headed to the airport. Please come after me, Billie. Billie help, please! I need you!

After a minute he replied:
I'm heading there right now. As a matter of fact, I think I'm already four cars behind you.

***

My gut turned upside down when my dad changed routes and Billie and I got separated.
No! No! I can't take this anymore!

Without a doubt, I unlocked my door and jumped out of the car that was speeding in the highway.

I hit the pavement hard but I managed to take it all in.

As I staggered to my feet, I found a pair of bright lights rapidly coming at me with the sound of rubber against the asphalt.