27) The Call

A week has passed and I haven't gotten any news about Aliyah's parents. I started to worry because what if they'll bring me to court??
Gawd, I don't want that to happen. I thought everything was going well.

I was driving to the studio with Aliyah when my phone rang.
"Aliyah, could you answer it for me?"

"Sure." She fished the phone out of my pocket and brought it up to her ear. "Hello?"

"He's driving," she said on the other line.
I glanced at Aliyah then back at the road. Anger was painted on her face. "Yes, yes...I see." She said, managing her tone. "When's that again?"
I started to worry.

"Next week?!" Aliyah almost shouted. ".....okay, okay thank you very much." She hung up.

"Who was that?"

"Just some...guy, I dunno," she mumbled.

"Aliyaaaahhhh," I said, trying to get the truth out of her. "Who was that?"

"I seriously don't know who the guy is!"

"Didn't he say who he was?!"

"He-"

"What?"

"He said that he's your lawyer..."

We both remained silent after that. We both know what's going on.

"It's about your parents....isn't it?" I aksed, just making sure.

"Yeah...."

"Fuck!" I cursed. "What's next week all about?"

"We have to be in court next week," she explained. "Also, he said that we should discuss this matter soon."

I nodded.
The time has come!
This sucks!
Aaarrrggghhhh!
Why do they have to make things worse?!

Well, I'm not Aliyah's parents soooo I don't know how it feels to lose a child like that.