32 - This Happened

Sorry for any error, mistakes and inconveniences 🌹.

Chapter 32: This Happened

"Mom, why are we here?" Ragini asked Janki, who stepped out of her car. "I have something important to do. . . I'll come home with your father, you go straight home."

"But Mom. . ." Janki closed the door and signalled the driver, who nodded and started driving.

Janki rushed inside the hospital, nervously holding her drape while heading towards the lifts. 'I'm sorry Rajveer but I need to do this, for my own peace of mind.'

"He's so cute Shekhar. . ." She uttered and smiled at the baby in her arms. "I want to kidnap him and take him away with me."

"You can do, for few days until Nayonika recovers." Shekhar replied with a smile across his face and she chuckled, glancing at Shekhar.

"When are you taking them home?"

"Will Papa accept them?" Shekhar nervously asked and Janki's smile slowly faded. "He has to Shekhar. Now you even have a child, you need to give your son a good future. Nayonika even stopped working at the bar, so Uncle should just let it slide."

"I have a bad feeling Janki. You know my father, and have known him for 12 years, he will die but would never accept them. What should I do? I don't want to leave them."

Janki felt bad for Shekhar, "don't think too much Shekhar, just tell him that your happiness lies with them. And if he doesn't accept you then don't worry, I'm here with you. I'll always support you."

Shekhar let a small smile hang on his lips, "so when I go homeless, you'll let me in?"

"Yes!" She exclaimed with a small smile and he sighed. "Janki, please don't tell Ram or Durga about this yet. . ."

"They don't know?"

Shekhar shook his head negatively, "I want to tell them after I talk to Papa."

Janki nodded her head positively, "I won't tell them, don't worry."

Janki entered Rajveer's office, rushing towards his computer. She took a seat on the chair and typed the password in. She disliked her eagerness the most, it was the main root of all problems, despite knowing she was doing something wrong and unacceptable, the privilege of being the wife of the co-owner of this hospital overpowered all her guilt. She just wanted to let it slide this one time, deeply disturbed by Shekhar.

Her heart was beating nervously as she held the mouse in her palms and grasped it with her fingers, tapping on the patient record list, instantly using her other hand to type in the name of the man she hated the most in this whole world. It was funny to her to see how times had changed. The man who used to be her best-friend, is now her enemy. She wasn't even sure what went wrong between her, Shekhar and Ram. The men that promised to always be by her side and support her no matter what, are now against her.

Her eyebrows scrunched and she glanced down for few seconds, thinking to herself 'did the girl lie about her being adopted?' On the system and in the record it was stated that Swara was Shekhar and Sharmishta's daughter. Her adoption made no sense to Janki. "Did she lie or did Shekhar list her as their real daughter. . . But, it even has her birth time. It makes no sense."

Janki frustratedly sighed and exited the page. "Why would that girl lie?" Janki was confused to why Swara mentioned she was adopted in the first place, when the records proved she was lying.