39 - Giving A Chance

Sorry for any error, mistakes and inconveniences 🌹.

Chapter 39: Giving A Chance

After having a chat with her family, Swara was now adjusting in her new room. A small sigh left her lips as she glanced around, missing her old room. "What if I become too comfortable here and don't want to leave after Sameer comes back?" She thought to herself and laid on the bed, resting her head on the pillow while staring at the ceiling.

"It was embarrassing but I'm glad I sorted the awkwardness between me and them." She muttered to herself and sighed, "and hopefully slowly slowly, I'll get to know them and start feeling comfortable around them." She added and turned to the side, holding her phone straight after. She unlocked it and saw a miss call from Kavita.

Before she could call Kavita, a sudden phone call interrupted and she answered right away. "Why did you call?"

"I have something to tell you."

"What?"

"Look Swara, I know Sanskaar confessed his feelings to you and you rejected him."

Swara widened her eyes, starting to feel embarrassed. "He told, you?"

"Yes, why wouldn't he. I'm his best friend but Swara, you should've given him a chance."

She stayed silent, not knowing what to reply with and he continued speaking, "he's now leaving."

"Huh?" She was confused and sat up, holding her phone tightly and pressing it against her ear, fully focused now "what do you mean by leaving?"

"He told us he'll tell you next week but I couldn't keep it in. So I'm telling you now."

"Get to the point Sheesh, tell me clearly, leaving?"

"Yes, after you rejected him that dejected soul is now leaving us for 6 months. He's going London." 

"But. . . He said he'll continue being my friend. . . Why is he. . . Leaving?"

"You must be crazy Swara. I mean, if you rejected me then I wouldn't message you like that again. It would be awkward. And besides he said that you'll feel guilty for rejecting him if he's around so that fool is leaving."

Letters fumbled out of Swara's mouth yet not a single word was formed. She was clueless on how to react to this news because it was true, first thing it would be awkward and second thing she really would've felt guilty for rejecting him.

"I won't say stop him from leaving, but, if there's anything you can do then please do so. Or at least let's plan something together and make his last few days memorable."

"Hmm." The only expression that left her mouth and Sheesh soon disconnected the call.

She placed her phone down on the bed and exhaled, 'he's leaving.' That was the only thought that was on her mind. Not knowing why, a sudden sense of guilt attacked her and her eyes moistened. "It's my fault." She mumbled to herself and clenched her fists, frustrated with the way things were turning out.

She heard a knock on the door and calmed herself down, "yeah?"

The door opened and Ragini stepped inside, "can I crash in with you tonight?"