22 - Just About On Time

Sorry for any error, mistakes and inconveniences 🌹.

Chapter 22: Just About On Time

"You would never stay happy. I curse you! May you loose all your happiness and pay for your deeds!" Sujata exclaimed in disgust while gritting her teeth and Jayant yawned on purpose.

"Do I care?"

"You're ruining her life. How much would that poor girl need to suffer?" Sujata questioned and tears slide down her eyes. "I feel bad for her, she's been through so much. Do you not see her pain!"

"You don't need to worry, once she marries me, I'll give her all the happiness she deserves."

"She doesn't want to marry you, you psycho!" Sheesh shouted with a bruised jaw, fuming in anger and disgust.

"And her happiness isn't with you! If you do want her to happy then leave her alone!" Kavita exclaimed in a cracky tone as she blinked at Jayant. 

"I didn't ask for your opinion!" He replied, not interested to hear their 'nonsense', to him, their words were no less than a dog barking.

As he continued to ignore them, he heard a sound and instantly cocked his head to the side, smiling as he watched his would-to-be bride Swara walking out in a bridal attire, which he selected.

"You look beautiful!" He exclaimed and she lowered her gazes, staring at the floor as she moved closer to him.

"You lied!" Shekhar exclaimed as he stormed in. "The property was never on your name!" He added, gritting his teeth while stopping in front of Swara and Jayant, who look at him.

"What do you mean?" Jayant questioned as Sheesh, Sujata and Kavita crease their eye-brow after hearing Shekhar.

"She. . ." He sighed, feeling frustrated yet not angry and stared at Jayant. "I don't know if I should be angry at her for deceiving me or pleased about her not naming the property on her name."

"Who's name is the property on?"

"She transferred the whole property to Sameer and didn't take a single bit of it for herself." Shekhar revealed and Kavita and Sheesh look on.

Yet his frustration was visible one his face. Despite being glad to know the property wasn't on her name, it still troubled him to wonder why she didn't take a single penny for herself.

"Why would you do that? Why didn't you steal my property like you claimed to?"

"Because I didn't need it. . ." She replied with honesty and swallowed her spit. "And this property was the reason why my mother was taken away from me, why would I keep such an ominous thing for myself?"

"I was never after your property, all I ever needed was for you to confess and pay for what you did. But that also seems impossible now, nothing ever turns out to be the way I want it to turn out. I never complained to you once, with the way you treated me but now, I beg you, please let Sujata Aunty, Kavita and Sheesh go. I'm willing to do anything you and Jayant want." She pressed both of her palms together, raising them in front of Shekhar with watery eyes. "Please."

It was merely five seconds, that Shekhar considered Swara's words, but he was distracted soon enough and looked at Jayant.

"Get this over and done with so I can leave." Her plea meant nothing to him, as he heartlessly and indirectly let her know he wasn't going to listen and she dropped her hands, lowering her gazes. Not even surprised to see her so called father turn his back on her, again.