21 - Torture

Sorry for any error, mistakes and inconveniences 🌹.

Chapter 21: Torture

"Hahaha. . ."

She opened her eyes and gasped, moving her body yet finding herself tied to the chair tightly. Her wrists pained and she glanced down at them, seeing red marks each time the rope moved to the side.

"Awake, are we?" Her eyes shout up at a familiar voice, and she watched her father take a seat on the chair opposite her with a glass of wine in his hand.

'How did I. . .' She paused her thoughts after remembering her last encounter with Jayant, realising she was kidnapped and not alone, but with Sheesh and Kavita, who were being pinned down to the ground roughly in front of her.

"Ahhh!" The two continued yelping in pain, feeling squashed between the ground and the foot of one of the men, who stood on their backs with all his weight pinning them down.

"What. . ." Her words were left incomplete as Shekhar interrupted immediately, stating his demand directly, "I want you to sign these. . ." He forwarded the papers with a small smile curled over his lips.

Her eyes lower onto the paper and she briefly scanned it, realising they were the property papers demanding transfer.

"I want my property back." He demanded in a stern tone, making himself clear and she raised her gaze, blinking at him.

Other than Kavita and Sheesh's painful grunts filling across the area, her heart was bartering against her chest at a fast pace, which she could hear from her ears.

"Why? You don't want to?" Shekhar questioned after the silence between them and Swara merely flapped her eyes at him.

"Why are you doing this?" She sounded upset, yet not surprised and he scoffed, continuing to stare into her eyes like a cold-hearted creature.

"It isn't wrong to obtain what was mine." He replied, leaning back on the chair he was sitting on, smirking as he took a sip from his glass.

"Why are you dragging them into this?" She raised her eyebrows, yet seeming rather tired and in distress than angry.

He shrugged while responding "they dragged themselves into this. I didn't do anything."

She closed her eyes for a second and swallowed, displeased while staring back at Shekhar, "please let them go."

"Why should I? I didn't kidnap them. . ." Shekhar trialled off, leaning forward again. "I might consider persuading Jayant to be nicer to them, if. . . You sign these without a drama."

Swara closed her mouth, unable to respond to that demand of his and he chuckled.

"You're so selfish. Why won't you let my property go? It's not yours to begin with. . ."

"My grandfather left it for me. . ." She trailed off while answering him back, "and this property took my mothers life, how can I give it back to you after what you did to her?"

Shekhar exhaled, clenching his fist "it, is, not, your property! With what rights are you claiming it? My father's property was meant for me! And I did as he said, so why will it be yours?"

"You killed my mother for this property, do you think I'll give it back to you?"

Shekhar grit his teeth as hard as he could, to control his raising anger.