37 - The Awaited Moment

After 10 Brain freeze later...
I'm finally back but guyssss, the reason why I wasn't able to concentrate on this properly was because I was preparing for a new SwaSan story 😂 then I realised first yeh toh khatam kar lu. Bechari is hanging for too long now 😭.

Sorry for any error, mistakes and inconveniences 🌹.

Chapter 37: The Awaited Moment

After sipping from the cup of coffee and speaking with everyone apart from Sanskaar, Swara had excused herself and walked out of the shop, to avoid the uncomfortable and awkward feeling.

While heading towards the taxi stand, realising she had come with Kavita, she felt a tap on her shoulder and turned around surprisingly, stopping while staring at Sanskaar.

"Let me drop you home." He offered with a smile across his face and she flapped her eyes at him in surprise.

"Huh?"

"I can't let you go off on your own, that's not manner like behaviour. Even though it is awkward between us, it's not like we are enemies or hate each other, and I just couldn't let you wonder off on your own, so I'll take you home." He kindly offered, passing her his soft smile and she was flabbergasted, not knowing what to say.

"I. . ."

"Come." He held her hand tightly as they crossed the road and headed towards the car, she glanced at his hand tightly around her hand and then at him. Her cheeks felt hot and she touched them with the back of her hand, feeling the warmth.

'This is so embarrassing.' She thought to herself and freed her hand from his hold, "I can walk myself." She uttered and instantly distanced herself from him, walking to the other side. 'Why is he. . . Being like this? And what the hell am I feeling! Why am I. . .' She wasn't sure how to describe what she was feeling at all. It was nothing but confusion and awkwardness for her right now.

While opening the car door, she watched him take a seat inside the drivers seat and hesitated to sit in the passengers seat.

"You can sit in the back if you feel uncomfortable in the front."

"No, I'm fine!" She exclaimed and sat in, closing the door afterwards. She looked at him and he smiled at her. 'I. . . I don't want him to think that I'm thinking about it.'

"Swara, know that you're allowed to reject me. I won't take it to heart." He uttered and started the car, she wore her seatbelt uncomfortably.

"Can, we not talk about this?" 

He nodded his head and began driving. She hesitantly played with her fingers. Her thoughts were all over the place.

"If. . . I reject you, will anything change between us?" She managed to ask, glancing at him and he gave her a quick look with a small smile, "no. I'll keep this one sided so you don't need to worry if it affects our relationship. I'll still be a friend, and be there whenever you need me."

"Shamelessly?"

He scoffed and nodded his head, "yes, shamelessly. And you don't need to feel guilty about anything. Accept my shameless attitude as another way of apologising."

"I. . ." She stopped and exhaled, "I want to stay being friends." She completed and waited for him to react, until a sudden void in her heart took her attention.

She creased her forehead with confusion and placed her hand over her chest, unfamiliar with this feeling. The feeling of uneasiness made her question her decision.