38 - Family

Sorry for any error, mistakes and inconveniences 🌹.

Chapter 38: Family

After moving Swara's stuff into a room that she could rightfully claim as hers in Rathore Mansion. Janki and Ragini along with the maids helped Swara unpack and settle in comfortably.

'A new beginning. A new start. Sanskaar was right, if I had continued running away I wouldn't have faced this.' She thought to herself and blinked her eyes at Janki and Ragini, being grateful for this moment.

x

Down the corridor, few rooms away from Swara's new room, Rajveer was stood outside a door, knocking on it.

"Ayush. . ." He called out and waited for Ayush to open the door. After waiting for almost a minute, Rajveer knocked on the door again. "Ayush?"

The door opened and Ayush stood in front of him, staring at Rajveer. "Hmm?"

"What happened? Why are you locked up in your room? Why aren't you joining us?"

"I'm tired." He replied and avoided eye contact, "I did too much work at school and on top of that we played football today, so I'm really tired."

"I understand. It's okay, but at least come and say hi to your sister Swara. After that you can go to sleep and speak to her tomorrow."

"I don't wanna."

"Why?"

"It's awkward, you can't expect me to say hi. She's still a stranger to me."

"We understand you are awkward, but you rudely walked away. You didn't even smile. She might think you don't like her."

"It's true. I don't." Ayush looked at Rajveer and shrugged as he continued speaking. "How can you expect me to already like her? I don't know her personality. What if we don't get along at all?"

"What?" Rajveer found his words ridiculous and was confused, not knowing how to talk to Ayush. "You won't like her? Why won't you? She's your elder sister, so start showing some respect to her."

"I didn't say anything rude to her." Ayush argued and Rajveer sighed. "Just go to sleep. You're not making sense. You must really be tired and out of your mind."

Ayush was offended and sighed, giving up. He turned around to walk back in his room and Rajveer had a small glimpse of his TV, realising he was playing on his XBOX. Rajveer sighed and stepped inside before Ayush could close the door, having a closer look to understand.

"You said you were tired but you're playing on your XBOX!"

"So, am I not allowed to play anymore now?" Ayush argued loudly, failing to control his emotions. "Just leave me alone!" He pushed Rajveer out of the room, shocking him.

Janki, Ragini and Swara stepped out after hearing them shout. Confused to what was happening.

"How dare you push me! Did you forget I'm your father?" Rajveer scolded furiously and Ayush grit his teeth. "Don't annoy me right now, I might end up saying stuff I don't mean!" He exclaimed and slammed the door shut.