+1

Ed's POV

Someone was knocking softly at the door. I inhaled sharply; looking around in a room I now realized wasn't mine. "Char, dear, are you in there?" Mrs. Middleton's kind hearted voice whispered through a tiny opening of the door. She paused for a second, opening the door fully to reveal me and Charlotte lying peacefully on the bed. I kept my eyes closed, hoping for her to go swiftly, praying that she didn't wake Charlotte. Because at this moment in time everything was okay, everything was silent, and I was at peace.

Mrs. Middleton walked around to the other side of Charlotte's room, rummaging in the closet for something. She stopped and I heard her footsteps approach the bed then felt a soft blanket being covered over the both of us. Charlotte stirred slightly, but only inched her body closer to mine, as if I was some form of comfort that the blanket couldn't provide.

After a few seconds I heard the bedroom door creak closed and Mrs. Middleton say something to her husband. I waited in silence, waiting for an angry father to come into the room and drag me out by my shirt, yet nothing came. I knew this man hated me with a passion, especially for what I did to his daughter, but he decided against causing a scene. The part of me that has to worry about my image is happy with the fact that the whole situation wasn't leaked out to anyone, yet the other part of me, the part of me that is just plain old Ed, wanted it to get out. Having my fans see that I'm just like everyone else, that I'm human too and not this perfect Ginger Jesus they call me. I'm just a man, a man with problems just like theirs. If I could go back in time and fix the things that happened I would, but even with all my fame and new found fortune I could never get a time machine.

A time machine is something that I probably wouldn't want. Everything that happened to me and Charlotte throughout our lives and relationship inspired me to do what I do, to write the songs I did, to become the person I am today. Yet I yearn for her love again, I pray that someday she can see my leaving as a coping mechanism, not just me being a twat and trying to leave. My eyes started watering as I thought about what I did to her, what I did to us, how I destroyed a beautiful and elaborate relationship that was me and Char. While these thought rushed through my head, of how I left her to deal with the mess I made, my eyes started to water. What type of person am I to leave someone I love stranded. To leave her alone stranded without anyone knowing about what happened until she needed help.

"Ed," she said, cutting through my every thought, "I think you should go."

I looked at the clock, it was half eleven, but I didn't want to go. I wanted to stay and have a chance to make things right.

"Please let me stay the night, just for one night. We should talk about things." I asked, waiting for a response, any sort of response.

"I can't, I need you to leave, please don't make this hard on me." She knew that I would beg until she said yes, but something in her voice made me realize that I was not wanted here.

"Okay, I'll leave, just send me a message tomorrow please?" She didn't say anything, which usually meant she wouldn't. I wouldn't even be surprised if she didn't want to speak to me the rest of the time I was here.

I sat up in her bed, fixed my shirt and putted my shoes back on. She rolled over, pulling the blanket over her to replace the secure feeling she had with me.

"I'm sorry," I said, my voice cracking slightly at the thoughts going through my head. I leaned over, gently kissing her on her cheek. "I truly am."

She said nothing, which was my cue to leave. I walked out of the room and quietly shut the door. As I started down the stairs to the front door I saw her family sitting in a room without her, something her sister told me became routine after I left. I made my way to the doorway of the living room, "I just wanted to say goodbye to all of you and that I'll keep in touch." Her mum and sister said goodbye, standing up to give me a small hug before I left. Her dad and brother said nothing to me. Both of them showed pure disgust across their faces. Nothing I could do would ever make me and William friends again. Not a single thing would make my once best mate speak to me as a friend. I crossed a line that should never be crossed and I deserved what he had coming for me. In my mind I knew that whatever plans of pain he had coming for me during my short time in Framlingham would never amout to what I did to his little sister.