+3

For the next few days I dreamt of past events with Ed, which left me angry in the morning. "Charlotte! Wake up! You have a visitor." William shouted from outside my door, pounding on it hard.

"Jesus Will, I've just woke up, give me a fucking second to collect my thoughts dickhead." I shouted back, angry because of the dreams, but more angry that he was in a shit mood since Ed came home. After Ed left, William and I had a better relationship. Mainly because he felt the need to protect me, to do what all big brothers should do. He would come and hold me when I cried even on the nights when his girlfriend was here. He'd help me do everything, made sure I did my coursework and would even do my part of chores because he knew how I was feeling. The fact that he was upset because his ex-best mate was here pained me.

"Seriously Char, you can't leave him waiting." The tone of his voice made it seem like it was someone he dreaded being here and that made me worry. I got up out of my bed and threw on a hoodie, walking out of my room with my hair a mess. As I descended the stairs I felt sick. I hadn't had anyone come over since Ed was here and I really didn't want to see him if it was him. Turning the corner to walk into the kitchen I felt not only relief but a smile spread across my face.

"TONY!" I screamed, wrapping my arms around him.

"CHAR!" He chuckled as he said my name, embracing me into a hug. "It's been too long."

I nodded into his chest, happy that my favorite cousin was back. Tony was a year older than me, after he finished college he decided to go to school at the University of Southern California in America. I hadn't talked to him since he left three years ago, so this was a huge surprise for me.

After our hug that lasted forever ended, he walked over to the fridge. "How have things been Char? I see that William still dislikes me."

Tony and William never got along, mainly because Tony was the star child of our family. He was always the smartest and the best at sport, while William seemed to get into trouble. "Yes, he does. You know how he is Tony. He hates you for being you."

Tony laughed, shoving an apple in my face. "Yes I know he does. I'm pretty sure he'd rather swim in a tank full of sharks than hang out with me."

We both laughed, remembering how William had threated to jump into the ocean with a shark on our trip to Florida because Tony had gotten to steer the boat before him. The laughter resided as we both took a bit of our apples. This gave me time to look at my cousin.

He was almost the same. His dark brown hair was cut shorter but was hard for me to see since stood towering over me at a height of 6'3. The main difference was his skin color, he was tanned which made his green eyes stand out more than they ever had before.

"So," Tony said, taking a bite out of his apple, "How have you been? How is Uni? How are things with Teeeeedddyyy?"

My heart jumped when he asked that. See, Tony and I hadn't spoken in three years. Mainly due to the time difference, so I never told him about anything that had to do with Ed. "Uh, well, we aren't together anymore; haven't been for about a year or so." I looked down, not wanting to make eye contact with him, knowing Tony he'd want the full story.

"Wait, you two spilt and you didn't even tell me? Char, what the fuck?" I couldn't tell if he was upset that I didn't tell him or upset that we split up. He always loved us as a couple.

"Tony, things went bad between us, ya know, it was kind of the right thing to do." My gaze stayed on the floor because I couldn't look him in the eye. My eyes started to water and my gut felt as if I was going to puke.

The only sound in the room was the humming of the fridge leaving us in an awkward silence. "Well, what happened?" He asked. I said nothing, just sitting there staring at the floor. What would Tony think about me after he found out? Would he think I was an idiot or would he think I was irresponsible? All the thoughts that had come back, the fights with Ed, the whole incident that lead us to where we were now rushed into my head causing a tear to roll down my cheek. "I, uh, I, well-", I couldn't exactly find words to put it.

"She doesn't want to talk about it Tony." Will's voice overpowered mine, his arms wrapping around me just as the tears really started to fall. "What do you mean she doesn't want to talk about it Will?" Tony knew I was upset but didn't want to have Will tell him he couldn't know. "As far as I'm concerned the last time I saw Ed he said things were fine."

When did Tony see Ed? I haven't seen Tony in three years and I haven't really seen Ed since he left for his 2011 tour a year and a half ago. "Then you must have seen him quite a long time ago then, because clearly she said it's been a long time since they've been together."

"Actually I saw him last month, in LA." His voice was angry, challenging William just like he always has. "He told me that he and Char were fine, that he just missed her."

"That isn't true Tony," my voice was muffled by Will's chest; "We aren't fine, he lied to you. He left me, why would he miss me? He put me in a situation that no one my age should have to be in, then went on fucking tour. He didn't think to invite me, he didn't even fucking call to apologize, he just fucking left me here. He's an asshole Tony, he never cared about me!"

I pulled away from William, half of me wanting to run, the other half wanting to yell at Tony more. "Char," Tony's voice had softened, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you upset." Tony pulled me into a hug. "How's about you, me, and Will go play some games?"

I nodded, a small smile breaking onto my face. He reached down and brushed a tear off my face, "No more crying Char. The only crying I want to see is from William when I stomp his ass in Call of Duty."

Tony smirked at William, who stood there in a still defensive stance. "Bring it on Cali boy." Will replied back as an equally devilish grin appeared on his face.