+14

Ed’s POV

The next three weeks were hell. According to a very pissed of Chelsea Charlotte hadn’t spoken to anyone other than Lewis in days. Her Christmas and birthday present sat in the living area, unopened. She started leaving at odd hours in the night with people Chelsea didn’t know and wouldn’t eat anything. The only time she’d regularly leave the house was for work and she usually got sent home early by her boss.

“Hold on Ed,” it was one in the morning and I’d been talking to Chelsea and Lewis on Skype. They were in the kitchen and I could see something move behind her. She looked away from the screen, pointing at something I couldn’t quite make out behind them.

“Where are you going Char?” Lewis asked, walking toward the front door. I heard the doorbell ring and another male voice speak. “Hey baby.”

Chelsea’s face went from worried to upset in about three seconds. “I’m not going anywhere Lewis. Just wanted to make sure he didn’t have any problems getting inside.”

“Is Will here babe? I don’t want another incident like last time.” The male voice asked, his words were slurred. I could see him taking off his jacket and passing it to Char. It was dark in the foyer and I couldn’t make out who he was.  Lewis spoke up, “No Steven he isn’t, but I suggest you leave.” Lewis wasn’t a violent guy, but he’d do anything to protect Char and Chels.

Charlotte leaned over, whispering something to Steven. He smirked, nodded and headed up the stairs. Lewis turned on the light before stepping over to Charlotte. I could see Charlotte now and the sight shocked me. Two weeks ago Charlotte looked radiant and happy. Now she looked sickly, her face slightly bruised. She was wearing a flannel shirt, with only a bra on under it. The shirt hung open slightly and I could see her ribs staring to poke out of her body. Her eyes were bloodshot and it seemed like she was fighting to stand up. “Charlotte you’ve been drinking, you need to make him leave and come down to eat something. Him being here is wrong, he hurt you last time and I don’t want a repeat of that. I want to try and help you become happy again Pipsqueak.” Lewis pleaded with her as he pulled her into a short hug.

“Lewis if you love me like you say you do you won’t make me do that. He makes me happy again, he makes me feel alive. Please don’t worry about me. I’m perfectly fine.” I couldn’t see her face but I knew that there was a smile on it. Lewis grabbed her arms, trying to pull up the sleeves to her shirt, “Lewis, stop it.”

Charlotte had gotten defensive, pulling her arms away from Lewis and trying to walk away. “Let me see your arms Charlotte.” His voice was louder than normal. Charlotte paused and pulled up her sleeves. Red lines covered them along with bruising around her wrists. “Did he do this to you?”

She didn’t look up at him; instead she pulled her sleeves down, and looked towards the floor. “Sometimes he likes things rough. Sometimes I do too.” Charlotte shook her head at Lewis, “Now no more questions I need to go upstairs. We have plans.” She leaned up, giving him a kiss on the cheek before disappearing out of view. Lewis walked back to the table, placing his elbows on the table and his head in his hands, “There are track marks. She’s been using again.”

Charlotte’s POV

“Are you sure you want to do this babe?” Steven’s blue eyes met mine. I nodded, giving him a weak smile and taking another chug of my alcohol. He smirked, pulling two baggies out of his pockets.

I needed to do something before we did what we needed, “I’ll be right back Steven.” I leaned over, meeting his lips and pulling away with a smile on my face. He winked at me and continued measuring out the drugs.