+38

Ed’s POV

Stuart was pacing my dressing room, his hands attached to his phone as per usual. This time wasn’t for Twitter or messages between him and the record company, tonight was for something much more close to home. It was about thirty minutes before the concert started and Charlotte was absolutely nowhere to be found. Even though I had insisted that she was fine Stuart wasn’t so sure.

My assumption was proven to be right when Charlotte walked through my dressing room door. Stuart shot up, walking over to her, “Where have you been Charlotte?” For once he was mad at her, “You should have fucking called or something! I almost had a bloody heart attack waiting for you!”

Charlotte didn’t take well to people attacking her, instantly she became defensive, “My mobile died Stuart how in the hell was I supposed to call you? What did you want me to do pull a fucking iPhone charger out of my arse?” She walked over, snatching the iPhone charger chord I had grabbed out of my hand, “Should I have pulled a power generator or a wall plug in out of it as well?”

Trevor just about spit his water all over the floor at that, his bellowing laugh filling the room. Charlotte turned to him, “Don’t you have some fucking guitar to string Trevor?” She was now on full on defense mode, her anger being taken out on anyone that brought attention to themselves, “Go do your fucking job, Ed doesn’t pay you to just sit around.”

Trevor stood up, “Ed doesn’t pay me at all.” He thought that he was being funny, “the record company does.” In all reality it was a little bit funny, but Charlotte was not in the mood to deal with any of his jokes.

“Really fucking funny Trev. How about you stop all this one sided fucking banter and actually do your fucking job for once.” His smile fell and he realized she was serious.

“Well…er… alright Charlotte. I’m sorry.” Trev seemed to almost jog out of the room to avoid more of Charlotte’s rage. Stuart realized that he had pressed buttons and turned to follow Trev, I knew he would apologize for the misdirected anger he had provoked.

I started to stand up, I needed to use the toilet before the show, but also wanted an excuse to leave Charlotte alone. “Where do you think you are going?” I stopped dead in my tracks, staring at her in the mirror. Her body language was tense, arms crossed, leg cocked out slightly to the side.

“Uh, well,” I rubbed my right hand against my forearm, “Uh, the toilet I guess.”

She rolled her eyes, walking over to me and shoving me towards a chair. “We need to do your hair still, it’s too calm.” She placed her hands on my shoulders, forcing me to sit down, “You need to warm up and start drinking water, no more of this.” She grabbed the beer that was sitting on the table, dropping the half emptied bottle into the trash, “And we need to figure out what song you are going to cover.”

She walked back over to me, grabbing the Vo5 wax out of my rucksack. She set the small container on the table near where I sat and dug her hands into the contents. She knelt down on the ground and placed her hands in my hair, gently getting each strand. I closed my eyes, grinning at the feeling; I loved when she played with my hair.

“There.” She pulled her hands out of my hair, grabbing the nearest article of clothing, which just so happened to be the shirt I was wearing and wiped her hands on it.

“Hey.” I grabbed her hands, “I’m wearing that tonight.” She shook her head walking over to the bag that I hadn’t noticed she carried in. She rummaged inside of it, pulling out a black t-shirt that had a stylized stencil portrait of Grumpy cat on it that said “Nope” on the bottom.

I grinned, earning a smile from her, “I saw this inside of a clothing shop today and thought you might like it.” She walked over to me, “Off. Now.” I rolled my eyes, but lifted my shirt up and over my head.