+25

Ed’s POV

Before the show I tried to keep my cool. Something was making me feel uneasy today. I had a gut feeling that this show may not be a good one. Charlotte was sitting on the couch next to Taylor watching two of Taylor’s friends play some violent video game. The boys from One Direction were here for support, but would be leaving after this to go back to England. I stood up and headed to the dressing room I had to warm up in.

My fingers and voice needed to be warmed up before the show and I started to sing Give Me Love because it was one of my favorites to sing. Taylor and I would be singing Everything Has Changed together tonight. She came in after I finished Give Me Love and we warmed up together.

The show was getting closer and closer and this sickly feeling had become more intense. This had been something that went on all day and I had avoided Charlotte because I hated making her upset. She’d try to make me feel better, but this time I didn’t think it would work.

“Teddy,” She knocked on the door, I was facing away from her. The way this whole set up was reminded me of my drunken speech towards her when we broke up. “Are you okay?” She had closed the space between us and started giving me a much needed back massage.

Leaning my head back I puckered my lips. She took the hint and gave me a kiss, smiling as we pulled away. “Now I’m better love.” Her smile always made things better. She twisted me around, setting my guitar on the sofa before straddling me. Her hands played with my hair, a smile playing on her lips.

“I love you Teddy.” She gave me a kiss and I moved things deeper. I ran my hand gently up her back pushing her body into mine. Things wouldn’t get any further than this, but this was what I needed. Her kiss, her lips, just Charlotte in general seemed to intoxicate me.

Harry cleared his throat behind us, “You’re on in five Ed. It would be best to not get a boner before you go up there.” Harry gave me a cheeky smile, “You may be the king of wanking, but I doubt that you’ll be able to pull that one off.” I gave him a grin and returned my focus to Charlotte.

“Thanks for cheering me up love. Films and a lie in on the agenda tonight?” Charlotte smiled and slowly nodded her head. “Alright, sounds like a plan, but it’s time for me to go on. So I’m gonna have to get up.”

She shook her head, “Forget the fans Teddy. Stay with me.” I gently lifted her up, placing her down on the ground as I grabbed Felix and put the in-ear monitor in. “Those are paying customers Charlotte. Can’t let them down.”

“I’ll pay for you Ed! Then will you stay for me?” She gave me her usually puppy dog eyes routine. “I’m pretty sure that what you’d pay for would be considered prostitution.” She rolled her eyes, smacking my bum before I left the room.

The show started out good and all went well until I got to Little Bird. Something on the side of the stage caught my attention. Harry and Niall were hugging what looked to be Charlotte while Taylor spoke to someone on the phone, her hand running through her hair. She looked upset and nervous all at the same time. I continued to play the song, but worry was slowly creeping into my mind.

Nothing, not a single thing in the world could prepare me for what came through my in-ear monitor, “Ed. There is an emergency. Cut the set short.” Stuart’s voice rang in my ear. I stopped the song right in the middle and stepped towards the mic, “What’s wrong Stuart?” Some of the fans looked at me like I was crazy, murmurs all around.

“Will has been shot Ed.” He paused for a slight second, inhaling deeply, “He’s gone.” I stood there for a moment, letting the words sink in. My best mate had been shot and killed. I pulled off Felix, letting him fall to the floor before running off stage. My eyes searched for any sign of Charlotte, but no one back stage seemed to know where she was. “Someone find out where the fuck my girlfriend is!” Minutes went by and she still hadn’t appeared. Everyone that was in the area started looking for her, but no one could find her or any of the other artists.  A switch inside of me when off and I snapped, picking up the nearest thing to me and throwing it. The next thing in sight was a table. I reached under it and flipped it, cursing at every one within my view.