+16

Charlotte’s POV

It had been nearly a month since I had arrived at the hospital and I was finally going home. In the back of my mind I knew what today was and part of me felt guilty. Today was Ed’s birthday and as much as I wanted to talk to him I couldn’t. I gathered everything I had and looking around the room. My eyes landed on my brother and Lewis, who stood in the doorway waiting for me. Lewis demeanor had changed towards me. His once friendly attitude turned more brotherly causing him to become more protective of me. “Hey Batman, hey Willy, I’m ready to leave.”

Both boys smiled, “Bout time sis. We’ve all missed you. The house it too quiet without your awful shower singing.” Will and Lewis both laughed earning a flip of my middle finger in their direction. It was true, in the shower I didn’t sing to sound good, I just sang loudly. Lewis grabbed the bags of things I had and we headed out toward the car. On the way down we stopped at the pharmacy, grabbing my medications while Lewis and William asked the nurse a bunch of questions. Everyone felt the need to physically watch me eat and take my medications so that I wouldn’t fall back into a depression.

I was talking and laughing with both boys as we headed outside when I was struck by two small figures. Rachel and Chelsea had given me very forceful yet loving hug causing us to fall into a giant pile on the grass. I laughed as both girls started streaming out words, “We’ve missed you so much!” Rachel practically shouted in my ear.

“We have a whole day planned! We’re gonna watch your favorite movies, play your favorite games, do whatever.” Chelsea smiled, as they both stood up and held their hands out to pull me up. I looked at my slightly younger twin and took in some major difference in her. She’d dyed her hair blonde which looked absolutely amazing on her and had gotten a tattoo on her forearm. The tattoo was of an infinity sign turned into a heart with the initials LJW tattooed under it. I pointed at the tattoo, “I like that sis.”

She looked down, blushing a little bit before gazing toward Lewis, “I know people may say I’m stupid, but I love the boy and I’ll always love him no matter what. Even if he hurts me I’ll still love him, he’s my first love and hopefully my last.” Lewis was putting my bags in the car and when his gaze caught Chelsea’s he smiled, giving a small wave before helping William. Chelsea and Lewis had both been each other’s first everything; kiss, touch, sex. Before Lewis she didn’t date anyone because she was really shy and not as confident. Lewis said “He hadn’t found his Catwoman until he met Chelsea.”

I felt a smile on my lips as I recollected how happy my sister was when they started dating. It took a while for him to finally ask her to be his girlfriend, but they were exclusive from the very start and I was glad they made up. 

Chelsea’s POV

After Lewis waved I was taken back to my first memory of Lewis.

Charlotte, I don’t wanna go hang out with you and Ed, it will be awkward.” Charlotte and I were walking to Ed’s house, she’d wanted to hang out with him all day, but insisted that I came.

“It’s not just Ed Chels, it’s his friend too.” She gave me a slightly devilish grin, putting her arm around me, “Just be nice to the guy, he’s new here. He needs more friends.” I knew what she was doing; she was once again trying to hook me up with a guy. Every other “friend” of Ed’s had tried to make a forceful move within minutes of meeting me and I didn’t want that. I hadn’t even had my first kiss and most guys tried to get straight into my pants without talking.

We headed up to Ed’s door and without knocking Charlotte walked in. When we got to Ed’s room we saw him and this guy sitting on his bed. Charlotte took the spot next to Ed, distracting him from the game him and the new guy were playing by giving him a peck on the lips. Ed’s character, Mario, had driven off the course and into the water. He pouted before pulling her on top of him, “I’m gonna get you back for that.” He started tickling her sending my sister into a fit of giggles. The new guy had paused the game, looking in amusement towards the two who had now fallen on the floor laughing.