+33

Charlotte’s POV

The digital clock next to Ed’s bed read 4:14 a.m. It seemed as though the world was going by slowly; minutes had passed but they felt like an eternity. Everything the past few weeks had been stressful; my mind running at a thousand miles per hour, darkness killing any happy thought I had.

Last night had proven to be one of the more depressing ones. Hell, the past week had seemed to be completely different. Things were going wrong, everything changing around me all at once.

I stared at Ed. His hair was messy, but his face was peaceful. I wanted to feel where he was, I wanted to be comfortable with myself like he was, but I knew I’d never be that. Staring at him stirred the memories I had been trying to push out for hours.

The club was packed, hundreds of people had shown up. Ed was standing with a group of girls, a girl with too much make up standing in the middle. She was flirting with Ed, her hand hitting his chest every time he’d lean over to say something to her. His smile was cocky right now and I could tell that he was too drunk; drunk like he used to be.

I walked over to him, standing like a child waiting for acknowledgement, “Teddy, can we leave?” He took his arm from around the girl and turned towards me.

“Kind of busy at the moment Charlotte, maybe Harry can take you home. I’m talking to an old friend.” He nodded towards the girl.

I’d never seen her before, “Oh, an old friend eh? What’s her name?” He paused for a moment, looking at me as though I had two heads. “Uh, Rebecca.”

The name sounded familiar, but I couldn’t put it to a place, “You know. The girl he spent most of his tour time with.” It hit me, this was the girl that was at Christmas with us.

“Anyway Char, I’m busy talking, go find Harry.” He looked extremely annoyed with me, and I couldn’t exactly figure out why.

“Adults are talking here hun.” The girl’s high pitched voice shrilled, “Go play with your friend Harry.” She chuckled, pulling Ed’s shirt and grabbing his attention.

I walked away, heading to the place where the One Direction boys has sat over an hour ago. They were all very pissed and decided it was best if they went home. I sat down, placing a hand under my chin. My mind zoned out, looking off into the crowd of overly drunk and overly drugged people. All of them seemed so happy, as if this was the only thing that was going on in their lives.

“Chin up, Short Stuff. Everything will be alright.” I looked up, to see William staring down at me. His brotherly grin on his face, giving me a glimmer of hope. His color began to fade and once the image was gone I found myself watching Ed leave with the girl he had roughly reintroduced me to.

Somehow I didn’t trust William’s words. The fact that I knew he was dead only made me realize how much I must have missed him; my mind now creating false images of him, using words he’d use to make me feel better.

I was lost in thoughts among the hundreds of people dancing, only snapped out of them when someone said my name. “Charlotte.” A guilty looking Ed was standing in front of me, the girls pink lipstick painted on his neck, “I’m sorry.”

My heart began to ache and I felt like my whole world was caving in. “Don’t apologize Teddy. We both know that I’ll be forgiving you. In my mind I’m the one to blame.” I stood up, patting his shoulder before walking to the bar. I ordered more shots, downing them as fast as I could. Alcohol would be the solution to this problem.