+15

Lewis’ POV

“What do you mean I’m the only one she wants to see?” The nurse had told Will that he wasn’t able to go into the hospital once Charlotte was allowed visitors. “He’s her brother. He should be able to go in before I do.” It had been two and a half weeks since Charlotte had woken up from the small coma she was in from overdosing. Chelsea and I were still fighting. Ed had gone on a tour of the US, leaving us all behind to figure this out. I couldn’t bring myself to be angry at him. He had to leave, touring was his job and he couldn’t just up and quit.

“I’m sorry sir. He isn’t allowed in here. You can see her now, or else I will tell her that you’ll come back lady.” The nurse was rude, taping her foot on the ground in annoyance. Will took a deep breath to calm himself down, “Just go in there. I’ll wait out here.”

I nodded, following the overly impatient nurse to Charlotte’s room. The nurse pointed to the room and simply walked away. I opened the door, looking in on a seemingly calm Charlotte lying on the bed. “Batman,” She smiled a bit, relief in her voice. I smiled back, walking over to her and grabbing her hand. Both of her arms were covered with bandaging, her body hooked up to IV’s, eyes looking as though she hadn’t slept in years.

“Hey Pipsqueak.” That was the only thing I could think to say. In my mind I had so much I wanted to ask, so many unanswered questions about why, but I was fearful that it might trigger something. For a while we sat in silence, the beep of the heart beat monitor the only sound left in the room, “Pips, why didn’t you come to me?” My eyes stayed put onto our hands.

She didn’t answer for a little bit, the monitor beeping slightly faster. “Uh, well, uhm, I’m not sure. You are friends with Ed and I didn’t want to make you choose. Plus I didn’t want to take you away from Chelsea. She’s your girlfriend Lew and I didn’t want to have her become annoyed with me.”

My gaze met hers, “You shouldn’t think like that. Yes, she was my girlfr-“ Charlotte cut me off almost immediately, “Was? What do you mean was Lew? She is your girlfriend.” I looked away, rubbing my forehead.

“No Char. We broke up almost two weeks ago.” Charlotte looked concerned, “What happened Lew?” I told her about the argument with Ed, which made her cringe a bit about the words Chelsea used. After I told her how it started I told her about the big incident that ended us officially.

“Lewis, don’t leave ya twat we aren’t done building the bat cave.” Andrew yelled at me through the Xbox mic. We were playing Minecraft and to cheer me up he started building a bat cave. “Stop being a fucking pansy.” Andrew would always get mad when I had to leave, but I signed off quickly, taking the mic off my head and setting it down next to my Xbox.

I stood up to stretch and looked at the clock. It was 10 AM. Exhaustion hit me hard, my mind calculating a total of 72 hours of being awake. My phone vibrated off the hook, most likely hate texts from Andrew and Gary. Picking it up it, I silenced it before putting it in my hoodie pocket and walking out of my room.

“Lewis, honey,” My mum called from the kitchen, the smell of freshly cooked bread hung in the air, “Are you heading out?”

“Yes mum, going over to Chelsea’s. I’ll be back in a while.” She walked into the foyer drying a dish in her hand, “Alright honey. Tell her I said hi and I’ve made some of her favorite sweets. She should come by soon.” I nodded, not wanting to break to her that we weren’t on very good terms. I leaned over, giving my mother a kiss on the cheek before my drive to Chelsea’s.

When I arrived at Chelsea’s I wasn’t prepared for what was going to happen. The door was unlocked so I let myself in like usual, taking off my coat and hanging it in the closet near the door. I started to ascend up the stairs and could hear loud music playing behind Will’s door. The house had been trashed with evidence of a party the previous night. Before I faced Chelsea I wanted to talk to Will.